Digital & Client Analytics Product Owner
Description About this role
Are you a Product Owner and problem solver who can turn ambitious concepts into intuitive and simple products? Do you want to work hands-on with data, technology and client service and business leaders who are working to transform how we deliver for our clients? Are you a business builder, a product builder, and fluent in technology and data as well as business needs? Then we want to talk to you!
We are looking for a tech savvy Product Owner who can innovate to solve complex problems facing our client service teams and our Institutional clients. This role requires strong collaboration, entrepreneurial thinking and someone capable of bridging the gap between business and tech.
The Client Experience Platform team is leading a transformation at BlackRock to digitize and modernize the employee and client experience. In this role, you will become proficient in your understanding of the underlying systems, technology, data and process that power our client and employee platforms. You will use that knowledge to lead the development of digital products designed to enable our client service teams to scale the use of digital tools with our clients, partnering closely with our technology, engineering, UX and client service teams. Additionally, you will lead a small team passionate about producing client insights and analytics to further improve how we deliver experiences to our clients. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have strong project skills. This is a team with ambitious growth objectives, and we are looking for someone who enjoys building positive relationships and getting things done, and who can balance being pragmatic while having high ambitions for what BlackRock can achieve! You have:
In this role, you would:
- 7+ years experience working in digital, analytics & insights or product development supporting clients or a client facing team, ideally in asset management or the finance industry
- Strong skills and experience translating business challenges and needs into people, process and technology solutions, building requirements and defining product success criteria
- Experience as a digital product owner, leading a cross-functional squad in an agile delivery cycle
- Excellent analysis skills and comfort working with complex data sets to develop reports and dashboards to communicate critical client insights (SQL and Tableau skills are a requirement)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills -- across both business and technology topics
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and planning skills, including ability to balance competing priorities
- Influencing skills; desire and ability to manage teams and people to deliver results
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, a self-starter
- Curiosity and ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Set and deliver compelling product visions and evangelize internally and externally, including client analytics and insights as a product
- Work closely with designers, engineers and end users to translate design ideas into working prototypes and products
- Influence and lead cross-functional and virtual teams
- Predict potential issues in implementing designs and find the best solution
- Use market and competitor research to inform product strategy decisions
- Determine deployment strategy for products, partnering with colleagues on vital training and change management
- Develop dashboards and reports to produce client insights for client facing teams and key executives and partners
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.