DESCRIPTION Do you have a builder's mentality where "show me" means more than "tell me"? Are you passionate about technology, understand cloud architectures & platforms and quick to pick up emerging technologies? Are you adept at working with Customers to experiment with innovative approaches and the validate the technical feasibility of solutions?
As trusted customer advocates, the Solutions Prototyping team helps customers in creating the early iterations of products and solutions, often exploring new technical grounds. The team is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, leadership and strong interpersonal and writing skills.
You will partner with customers and other AWS teams to craft solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of AWS. As a Manager, you will be responsible for a highly regarded and performing technical team. You will help scope, define and resource prototypes covering a spread of domains such as AI/ML, IoT and Serverless. You will have a strong technical background that allows to understand the subject matter and lead discussion on technical topics while being support by specialists as appropriate.
Here are some qualities we are looking for:
• Have a passion for exploring art of the possible, lead teams, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers which are primarily large Global enterprises.
• The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a developer or hands-on solutions architect. You will enjoy keeping technical knowledge up to date.
• You will be able to lead in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
• You will engage often in early stages of customer use-cases and also in competitive situations. Being able to deal with ambiguity, good communication and being hands-on are important qualities - you will often be the lead technical person in the room and dealing with other senior leaders from technical and business domains.
• Inspire team to always push the technical bar, drive innovation and maintain a high bar for quality which you will be responsible for.
• Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, willing to take on challenges and make a big impact.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 10+ years design/implementation/consulting application development experience with deep knowledge of software development tools and methodologies and active, hands-on coding and application design experience
• 5+ years in a technical leadership role, ideally coming from a software or hardware development background.
• Ability to lead deep architectural discussions with customer, partners and other AWS teams.
• Ensure technical output, such as code and other artefacts, are packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams including marketing, solutions architecture, and support
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous product development and deployment.
• Deep knowledge of software development tools and methodologies and active, hands-on coding and application design experience
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Experience in one or more of edge computing, IOT, AI/ML, Blockchain and/or mobile development.
• Ability to demonstrate body of work and influence (e.g. public repos, public speaking, Open Source contributions or similar).
• Demonstrable history of leading technical teams to excel.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.