Delivery Lead, Front Office Technology
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced Software Delivery Manager to lead a technology team that delivers innovative technology solutions in a fast-paced, delivery focused environment, for two investment capabilities of a Global Investment Manager:
• Systematic Investments, a growing quantitative investment business who currently have ~£28bn assets under management
• Multi Asset Investments, a diversified global business with over £120bn assets under management
You will have the technical experience that shows credibility in liaising with senior business and technology stakeholders. You may not be hands-on right now however you will have been a software engineer in the Financial Services industry in recent years, preferably working alongside Front Office business users, and still retain a keen interest in software development.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solution focussed role.
You'll work with a team of enthusiastic technologists, with a variety of skill sets, focused on building best of breed data processing, analytical tools, application workflows and user interfaces for the Systematic and Multi Asset investment capabilities. The team is fast paced, highly motivated, delivery focused but friendly team.
The team are located on-desk, where there's strong collaboration and co-creation with the Systematic and Multi Asset investment capabilities, providing technology solutions to support their investment decision making.
The team's core technology stack is Python, C#, React, SQL and NoSQL Data Stores in a containerised environment, with an increasing focus on modern technologies e.g. Cloud solutions, where appropriate.
What you'll do
The Delivery Lead is a management role. In this role you will be instrumental in setting the tone for the working environment by being a strong role model, demonstrating great people leadership experience, technical nous and business acumen. You will exhibit the principles and practices of Lean-Agile leadership that builds a long term and continuously improving technology delivery capability.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Partner closely with the Systematic Investments and Multi Asset Investments Capability Owner and Engineering Lead to: -
o Define and execute the application and technology roadmap and be accountable for software delivery to the agreed scope, timelines and budget constraints
o Ensure the technology roadmap is appropriate and aligned with the technical strategy
o Ensure the backlog balances business value with technical quality, with a focus on keeping application technical debt, risks and minimum enterprise requirements under tight control
• Promoting a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring the software delivery team works to increase efficiency and effectiveness through creative problem-solving, improved collaboration, alignment and self-organisation
• People management of the software delivery team - objectives, appraisals, personal development
• Budgeting and resourcing of the software delivery team
• Relationship Management with senior level stakeholders (both business and technology), vendors and consultancy suppliers
• Collaborating and contributing to the Enterprise Software Delivery Community to define best practices for software delivery teams globally
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Proven track record of successfully delivering software development projects (both greenfield and brownfield) in the Financial Services industry
• Experience managing to tight delivery timelines and executing under pressure
• Experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders (business and technology), as well as communication and presentation skills
• You may not be hands-on right now however you will have been a software engineer in the Financial Services industry in recent years, preferably working alongside Front Office business users, and still retain a keen interest in software development
• Knowledge and experience of development, shift-left practices and modern technologies
• Strong understanding of software architecture
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models and multiple agile development principles and practices. Examples including Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
• Proven experience in hiring strong technical talent, motivating people and creating high performing, diverse and inclusive teams
• Solid academic record, typically achieving 2.1 or above in Computer Science at degree and/or post graduate studies
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge of Investment Management workflows, products and instruments
• Professional qualifications relating to the Investment Management industry (such as IMC)
What you'll be like
• Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
• Strategic thinker and excellent communicator, able to coach, lead and convince
• Client focused, driven to work collaboratively to find the right technology solution
• Be willing to get your hands dirty to get the job done
• You challenge how things are done and anticipate future opportunities
• You value teamwork and the contribution of individuals and encourage healthy debate
• You build strong relationships based on trust and confidentiality
• You want to excel at what you do and continually strive to do better
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability