First VP/VP, Business Continuity Management, T&O Governance & Assurance
Posting Date: 22-Dec-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities Job Description
Reporting to the Group Business Continuity Management Head, you will support and facilitate the implementation of the business continuity programme across the Banking Group, ensuring continuity of essential business operations and services in the event of a crisis.
The incumbent will also be involved in the strategic steering of the programme, working closely with the Recovery Director, and other senior management stakeholders in the Bank. You will independently lead the execution of the programme activities, including direct ownership of selected business and support unit functions. Responsibilities:
- Forward thinking and contribute to thought leadership on BCM practices; and translate these into actionable practices for the Group.
- Manage implementation of end-to-end business continuity programme for the Group
- Facilitate risk assessment, business impact analysis, business continuity planning and crisis management planning
- Validate plans via coordination and execution of tests and exercises
- Strengthen BCM awareness at all levels by conducting training and workshops
- Align Group-wide BCM practices, enhance BCM readiness of overseas subsidiaries and overseas branches
- Monitor preparedness of IT disaster recovery capabilities
- Help mature BCM programme and integrate BCM best practices into the Bank
- Provision, manage and maintain planning tools and operational readiness of recovery facilities, command centres and resources
- Support crisis invocation and coordinate implementation of recovery resources as appropriate
- Ensure good governance and manage issues, coordinate reconciliation and resolution actions, and follow through to closure
- Maintain compliance towards Bank and Regulatory BCM policies
- Support and manage audit requests
- Provide secretariat support to BCM Committee and BCM crisis team.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Recognized university degree with art least 5 years of relevant h ands on experience in BCM programme activities and implementation, preferably within a bank, or solid banking operations knowledge
- Exposure to crisis management and project/programme management initiatives
- Good understanding of global BCM regulatory requirements, particularly Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and China
- Professionally accredited BCM practitioner
- Proactive support to the steering of the BCM programme for the Group.
- Takes ownership, demonstrates broader and strategic thinking, and leads effort with minimal or no supervision.
- Good communication with all levels of seniority
- Analytical, resourceful, creative and self-driven
- Strong team player with good relationship management and interpersonal skills
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.