Cloud Engineer (Contract)
- Contract, Full time
- GIC Private Limited
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
The Technology Department (TD) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC’s ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Technology Department as a Cloud Engineer.
• Plan, manage and administer servers and services in an enterprise hybrid cloud environment
• Manage projects which include planning, scheduling, coordinating and providing solutions
• Participate in application and infra projects and provide technical inputs
• Plan and participate in disaster recovery tests and exercises
• Monitor systems availability, performance and resource capacity
• Maintain and develop technical documentation and standard operational procedures
• Ensure compliance with IT security standards, policies and procedures
• Automate daily operational tasks to improve efficiency using tools or scripts
• Respond to daily service requests and issues
• Work closely with various IT operations teams to support and troubleshoot problems and issues
• After office hours and weekend support is expected
• Possess a BS in Computer Science or equivalent, with at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
• Proficiency in Public Cloud management with MS Azure technologies
• Good team player who thrives in a dynamic environment and is willing to learn new technologies.
• Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in any of the following will be an advantage:
o VMware solution stack (eg. ESX, vRealize, vSAN, NSX)
o IT Orchestration and Service Management