You’ll be working for a reputable banking company who is looking for API Developer/Engineer. This is 3 months renewable contract and to be based in Singapore.
Your new role
- Automate fundamental components with the broader bank, using open-source technology as a bias, and integrate them with the first -class development tool chain being delivered by your colleagues as part of the bank's transformation to a fully digital-native enterprise.
- Work with our technology and business clients to make sure we don't disappear into an ivory tower and deliver unusable product.
- Design & development of cross functional API & multi-platform application systems.
- Collaborate with other platforms to ensure integrated end-to-end design & delivery of projects.
- Handle production bugs & enhancement to remediate issues and ensure systems stability & availability.
- Individual will be part of Agile team. Jira user story requirement and work with developer to push out to user in this case.
- Carry on task Jira user story assigned to you and basically building API. Develop in Java and build API.
- Individual encouraged to demo what they have done in 2 weeks globally by showcasing what is done.
- Design: OOP principles, design pattern, Rest API principles.
- Data structure: Familiar with all commonly used algorithm and container.
- Microservice: Spring cloud or Dubbo. Data Storage: Relational, non-relational and graph databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elastic search and neo4j.
What you'll need to succeed
- 8 years of experience in Java API development, open to non-banking industries.
- Hands-on experience with Rest APi and API web development.
- Experienced in Devops.
- Experienced in micro services architecture. Good understanding on what’s the different between Relational database and Non-SQL database, and when we need them.
- Experienced in integration of infrastructure products from vmware, bmc & AWS will be an added advantage.
- Strong experience on Java, Spring, Hibernate. Good understanding how Spring and Spring boot works. Able construct a flexible, scalable and configurable service quickly from scratch.
- Deep understanding how JVM works, know how to diagnose, fix the OOM problems and how to tweak the JVM parameters to optimize the JVM performance. Excellent understanding of Java concurrent programming, know how to use thread to increase the throughput of the program, meanwhile keep the data safe from racing condition.
- Undergraduate level qualification with Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science.
- This role is only open to PR and Singaporean applicants.
What you'll get in return
The company does provide attractive remuneration for their employees. Besides that, you will have the opportunity to be part of a well-known banking company.