In this exciting role, a Risk Manager gains intimate knowledge of our core business by collaborating with key business units in Trading and Technology. Consequently, your insights and behavior towards the rest of the company contribute directly to safeguard business continuity within our risk management framework.
Your responsibilities will include the following
- Identify and monitor sources of risk;
- Analyze current and future processes and identify areas that can be improved;
- Implement improvements in tools, processes, procedures in the Risk Management framework;
- Monitor key risk metrics and take action where necessary to prevent or resolve breaches;
- Communicate with internal and external parties, including prime brokers, traders, head of trading, local head of risk and mid office etc.
- 2+ years of work experience;
- Master’s degree Econometrics, Finance, or a more quantitative/technical background;
- Experience with several asset classes;
- Experience with direct exposure to trading environments in financial markets is advantageous;
- High-level knowledge of Excel, SQL and VBA;
- Knowledge of other coding languages e.g. C#, C++, Python;
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to assess complex situations quickly without being affected by (time) pressure.
- A driven, eager and flexible personality;
- Decisive, assertive, proactive and persuasive;
- Ability to work independently and responsibly;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and able to take ownership;
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English.