Description - External Business: Global Transformation Centre - Compliance Transformation Open positions: 4 Role Title: Project Manager - Compliance Transformation Global Career Band: 5 Location (Country / City ) : Malaysia Recruiter Name: Hafiza RAZALI Why join us?
Compliance Transformation (CT) ensures effective and efficient definition, planning, management and execution of global change programmes related to financial crime risk, supporting the business teams and HSBC to meet its regulatory commitments and covers key areas such as money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption.
The team is a close knit collaborative group, driven by passion and a commitment to make a difference. The Opportunity: (Brief Overview of the Role)
Compliance Transformation Project Managers plan, mobilize and direct projects of medium to high complexity and scale from definition to closure. They are typically responsible for the end to end delivery of a single project or work stream of a larger project or program, proactively balancing scope, schedule, budget, risks, outcomes and benefits. Projects can be standalone or form part of a program. They are responsible for deploying the Business Transformation Frameworks (BTF) and Agile methodologies within their project. They work closely with Program Managers, Senior Project Managers and Global PMO to ensure alignment of their project with the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviors. Project Managers may support 'small changes' by providing oversight and guidance to multiple smaller initiatives within a priority market. What you'll do:
Project Managers are required to take decisions and lead change initiatives and on occasions manage stakeholder and senior management relationships. The jobholder will not be subject to close supervision, and will be expected to exercise independent initiative and judgement in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances, such as interdependencies, opportunities or risks. He / She will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct. Value Creation:
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimizes the plan to maximize benefits and minimize risk. Ensures the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Business Transformation Frameworks
- Proactively monitors project execution to effectively identify risks/issues/dependencies as they arise throughout the project lifecycle.
- Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder relationships providing regular updates, obtains buy-in from the project sponsor, Steering Committee and other stakeholders for all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements.
- Analyses management reports, and derives insights from it to drive the right business decisions
- Manages Change Adoption to ensure the change lands well and sticks, contributing to benefits realization.
Capability and People Development:
- Produce a well-defined project plan, identifying the key milestones and assigning responsibilities / resources in line with Compliance Transformation Project Management Framework.
- Provides timely reports on project status, risks and issues, evaluating project performance based on management information using standardized metrics and templates in Clarity.
- Maintains project change control, ensuring any changes to baseline are managed through change request and all impacts are considered
- Promotes and takes accountability for project quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken
- Identifies and shares the resource requirements of the project, to the Program Manager requesting the appropriate skill set and/or experience
- Defines high level responsibilities and objectives for members of their project team and ensure the individuals are being used in accordance with their skills and resource request
- Acts as a role model to create and maintain a collaborative team environment which supports and encourages the professionalism and development of our teams
Qualifications - External What you will need to succeed in the role: Knowledge
- Understanding of the project lifecycle
- Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques
- Agile / scrum methodologies of project delivery
- Understanding of key activities for Change Adoption
- Knowledge of project management tools such as Clarity/ JIRA/ MS Project
- Understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
- Domain knowledge on any of the following: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Risk, Compliance, Payments & understanding of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of Compliance Transformation
- Relevant experience on complex projects across countries or regions
- Organizational skills and ability to pick up work right away
- Understanding of banking and/or financial services industry and/or shared services organizations
- Delivering significant change and collaboration with stakeholders across locations
- Ability to interact and influence stakeholders at appropriate level
- Self-driven approach
- Problem solving ability with adherence to deadlines and tight timeliness
- Experience in project tracking (setting up project plan, managing risk and issue log, reporting and governance)
- Experience in Change Adoption processes - Plan and implement change intervention to enable smooth transition and embed changes and transition to business as usual, from requirements gathering, communications till training final user
- Experience with transformation changes Design & Initiation (D&I) are an advantage
Link to Candidate User Guide:
- Planning and Plan Management
- Risk and Issues Management
- Global Mindset
- Decision Making
- Lead Self and Others
- Business Case and Benefits Realization
- Change Adoption
- Financial and Budget Management
- Tracking, Reporting and Governance
- Stakeholder Management
- Resource and Team Management
- Delivery at Pace