Global Support Executive
Business: HSS Open positions: 1 Role Title: Global Support Executive Global Career Band: 8 Location (Country / City ) : Malaysia Recruiter Name : Anthony Chuen Eu LIM Why join us?
Acquire a broad understanding of all the Corporate Action processes and market specifications for various markets assigned and to allocate work on a daily basis to Processing Executives. Overseeing the processes and to handle escalations and process related query resolutions. Plan capacity daily and intra-day based on projections and volume analysis and allocate/reallocate resources within the team. Ensure compliance with audit requirements by performing audit checks as required by process in line with business process requirements. Understand MI requirements enough to be able to produce, analyse and interpret MI. Provide leadership to team assigned, consistent with Group and Company policies and standards. Lead a cohesive team, working in a supportive team environment driven by people centric values. Motivate and to ensure effective development of individuals to meet business targets.
Individual managers are responsible for managing operational risk, including its identification, assessment, mitigation and controls, loss identification and reporting in accordance with the Operational Risk Management Framework"
All Securities Managers are required:-
1. To maintain HSBC Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
2. To implement the Group Compliance Policy as applicable to your role in conjunction with the relevant Compliance Department. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply within India and in relation to the countries migrating work to the assigned GCS.
3. To continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures, and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies. The Opportunity: Leadership and Team work
Customer service and problem resolution
- Effectively drive change to achieve business goals. (eg: process improvements/changes in procedures)
- Lead by example through service excellence and driving Quality initiatives for improved customer satisfaction.
- Drive personal development plans and performance management reviews.
- Reward and recognise service excellence.
- Strike balance among task, team and individual to inspire and influence others to bring out their best
- Motivate team members to meet business objectives.
- Create robust team environment where skills and knowledge is shared to achieve team and business goals.
- Knowledge and experience is shared with team members, providing assistance on referred/technical issues.
- Progress reviews on performance are undertaken within agreed timescales. Advice and guidance is given in a constructive manner
- Monitoring 'Service Quality' of the team to ensure high Customer Service Standards and drive rigorous customer centric quality Campaigns/initiatives to increase Quality awareness in the team. Recognise, reward and set high internal service excellence benchmarks to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Problem situations are proactively identified, resolved and escalated to give maximum customer satisfaction. Appropriate measures are taken to improve quality and prevent recurrence.
- Customer issues are handled sensitively and receive full consideration. Situations are resolved effectively retaining goodwill of customer and customers are kept fully informed of progress.
- Ensure daily operational efficiency by overseeing and close monitoring of the operational processes and workflow, market specific requirements/procedures and performance of various systems in securities processing.
- Monitor the process productivity to ensure quality targets are achieved. Issues/problems are fully analysed and resolved or escalated. Appropriate action is taken to prevent recurrence.
- To acquire a broad understanding of the corporate action processes and to keep abreast with the latest developments in the assigned markets on the rules & regulations by the regulators, stock exchange and etc that may have implication to the daily corporate action processes.
- To have a tight control to prevent any operational losses by establishing methods and check points to scrutinise exceptions/errors and to prevent potentially fraudulent situations through strong internal audit and staff feedback mechanisms.
- Completion of records and Management Information
What you'll do: Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- To continually reassess the operational risks inherent in the business taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- To implement Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant compliance department. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- To smoothen the impact of erratic workflows/volumes through effective capacity planning, leave management and process prioritization by allocating/reallocating resources across the various markets.
- Ensure 'knowledge retention' in the section by reinforcing concepts through continuous staff training and cross training across the various markets. (To address the effects of attrition).
- Procedural changes/new initiatives are fully communicated to and implemented by the team. Team members consistently maintain a high level of customer service by achieving established SLAs.
- To co-ordinate and assist the management team while initiating business recovery measures. To monitor Operational Risks and implement risk mitigating plans.
- Management Information, other required data and communication are completed accurately and supporting statistics/reports/returns are presented within agreed timescales.
- Maintain equipment, systems and general work environment in good condition and ensure that issues/problems are investigated/resolved immediately or escalated to Line Manager
- By addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
- By adhering to the Group's agreed processes / procedures - achieving a satisfactory Audit report.
- By addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- The jobholder works within the regulated environment and must comply with all the Group's approved policies and procedures. The jobholder is expected display initiative and exercise considerable judgment at all times to ensure that opportunities for improvements and recommendations for business and operational performance changes are identified/evaluated/explored in order to achieve higher efficiency and productivity (operational and financial objectives) on a continual basis.
- The jobholder is expected to protect the Group's assets & liabilities by close monitoring of operations to ensure resources applied are in line with approved policies, procedures and relevant guidelines. To establish check points to scrutinise exceptions and prevent potentially fraudulent situations. To ensure daily operational efficiency by monitoring operational workflow, systems and procedures (may be responsible for other functions/Sections/Department too). Identify problems and recommend improvements on the service quality. To resolve day-to-day problems based on well-reasoned judgment. The jobholder is required to make decisions on a regular basis without reference to superior.
- Improve productivity and profitability by making effective use of available resources and to ensure the agreed service standards are met. Contribute to the development of subordinates by providing regular coaching and counselling and monitoring the staff competency/multi-skilling.
- To make decisions, identify and resolve complex process related queries on a day-to-day basis. Team capacity planning and generation of MI for business and GSC management. Responsible for maintaining a team climate in which creativity thrives and in which processes and productivity are continuously improved.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- Deal with the specific requirements for the various markets assigned and to look into effective ways to standardize certain practices across markets.
- Keep abreast with the latest development in the rules and regulations by the regulators of the various markets and to identify the implications involved to the current corporate action processes.
- Deal with internal and external attrition and their operational affects.
- Drive customer centric Quality initiatives.
- Effectively mitigate identified Operational Risks.
- Comply with Group's statutory audit standards.
- Deal with business that may significantly exceed forecasted figures by liaising with the respective business areas. Ensure quality and productivity standards are maintained while coping with staff turnover and inexperienced staff. Review and produce MI in a specified format, which is easily understood by business units, while giving them an idea of FTE benefit for migrating. Lead and motivate staff with widely differing aspirations working in productivity- based environment with critical deadlines.
Qualifications What you will need to succeed in the role: Knowledge
- Adhering to the Group's agreed processes / procedures - achieving a satisfactory Audit report.
- A post-graduate diploma or degree in any discipline. Higher qualification not a bar provided aspirations commensurate with the position
- Extensive E2E Knowledge on Corporate Action and Funds is a mandatory requirement due to the complexity of the process itself.
- Must have experience in handling AWD, GHSS and A&V platform applications.
- At least 12 months in a supervisory role, with exposure to appraisals, counselling, team building, and staff development.
- Experience in Securities processing environment.
- Possess relevant Securities background and knowledge - at least 18 months of Securities experience.
- Those who have IAQ qualifications will have an advantage.
Link to Candidate User Guide:
- Ability to speak and understand English fluently, write business letters and reports, and have good conversational / telephone skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, transfers knowledge appropriately, understand and interpret numeric data. Evidence of good analytical, statistical and data mining skills to study trends and make projections. Production management skills and ability to initiate process improvements.
- Leadership skills, with ability to build rapport with, relate to and effectively develop a wide range of people
Go to the below link and type " IND GSC : IJP Applicant User Guide " in search bar.