The successful incumbent will be responsible for the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for our private equity clients. They will be accountable for a broad spectrum of financial, operational and accounting matters affecting our private equity clients.
- Contribute toward a team covering one or more client relationships
- Deliver accurate and timely work product within specified deliverables timelines, and in coordination with the Manager and other team members
- Review/prepare all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Perform bank reconciliations, process journal entries, and prepare supporting financial schedules
- Handle daily/routine client information requests
- Review/prepare work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Review/prepare management fee calculations and supporting schedules
- Review/prepare investor allocations and capital account statements
- Review/prepare capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Update distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Preparation of financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Support the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the team, client, and auditors
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 2+ years of relevant experience working within fund accounting, preferably within Private Equity or Big 4 Audit Firm.
- Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with emphasis on Excel skills
- Team player