Test Lead Qualification
Bachelors in engineering or equivalent Responsibility
: Knowledge Transition
- Understand and analyze business requirements based on the review of documents (functional specifications document, technical specification documents etc) as received from client / onsite.
- Participate in KT calls to understand the requirements.
- Conduct reverse KT with the client / onsite or share the document detailing out the requirement or application/domain knowledge to ensure understanding on the same.
- Prepare and share query log (tracker) to track queries.
- Followup to ensure resolution of queries as documented in the query log.
- Organize KT sessions for new team members.
- Conduct training on tools (like ETL tools etc) as applicable.
Test Requirement Study
- Seek signoff from the client team.
- Participate in the requirement walkthrough session conducted by Sr Test Analyst and identify the gaps in the requirement, Seek clarification on requirements from the Test Architect if required.
- Seek clarification on requirement and update the clarification tracker with the same.
- Identify the preliminary test data requirements.
- Provide inputs to the test lead/sr test analyst on the scope of testing, analyst effort estimate for the total volume of work, requirement analysis and clarification, test approach etc.
- Only for select projects (Simple and Small sized where there is need for ~2 team members offshore to support the assignment).
- Document the test plan based on the understanding of test strategy (covering project details, items under scope, items not of scope, type of testing, assumptions, dependencies, risks foreseen, entry/exit criteria) for each cycle.
- Seek signoff on the test plan from the client.
- Provide inputs for test plan creation including number of test scenarios and test cases used for estimation of the test cycles /schedule, dependencies etcin addition to the other dependencies from various teams like environment availability , third party interfaces and test data etc.
- Provide inputs to the test lead/sr test analyst on test tool evaluation if required.
- Identify testable scenarios and create test scenario document.
- Track resolutions through query log.
- Seek review from the senior test analyst / test lead at offshore.
- Update the requirements traceability matrix with test scenarios.
- Seek sign off from client on test scenarios.
- Based on sign off, identify test cases and test data.
- Map the requirements to the test scenarios and test cases in QC.
- Share test data requests/requirement with the test data management team.
- Based on signed off test scenarios, identify test data.
- Create test cases based on the understanding of the requirements and ensure the test coverage.
- If using Quality Centre (Test Management Tool), ensure follow up on the processes and rules to be followed during developments.
- If using Excel, the test cases are written in such a manner that they can be uploaded on to QC for ease in reuse.
- Create/Update the RTM if applicable and Query log with test cases and test data.
Test Execution and Closure
- Modify the existing regression scenarios based on the impact of change.
- Conduct smoke testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
- Execute automation test scripts/manual test cases post the same.
- Record and maintain testing evidences and track execution status of assigned test cases.
- Share findings with the Senior Test Analyst.
- Identify defects and log failures.
- Track defects (defect log as generated from the QC tool) to closure.
- Participate in the defect triages to gather evidence for defect identification on periodic basis for defect prioritization and fix.
- Retest the defect and update the status.
- Conduct acceptance testing, if required.
- Track defect metrics to ensure testing effectiveness as generated by QC tool.
- Track # of test cases executed as part of the daily tracker to ensure productivity.
- Provide deployment and post production support if required.
- Identify the test suite for execution, if required.
- Provide inputs to Sr Test Analyst for test summary report.
- Participate in audit at various stages to check for adherence to Cognizant processes and guidelines.
Must Have Skills Good To Have Skills
- Create/Update Knowledge Repository /artefacts based on project/customer needs inclusive of business/ application levels requirements details in WIKI.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jun 15 2022
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.