SAP SD Functional Consultant
Job Description: Responsibilities:
SAP Functional Support
- Assist Team Lead to provide SAP SD Functional Support support activities to SAP users
- Participate in SAP Applications minor enhancements and projects. Design, build, configure, test and roll-out SAP Applications enhancements and projects, according to agreed deliverables and deadlines.
- Resolve SAP Functional Support related incidents, problems and change request escalated from the SAP Service Desk team.
- Work with Service Desk team, SAP Applications Development Support team and SAP Technical Support team to ensure that services meet the terms of the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with Sime Darby Divisions.
- May be required to provide support to other Group IT initiatives on an as-and- when basis.
- Understand the system solution and design that has been implemented by SAP Implementation team.
- Provide SAP Functional Support to SAP end users.
- Perform system fixes to resolve SAP Functional Support issues.
- Liaise with SAP Applications Development support team to resolve SAP applications customization issues.
- Liaise with external parties to resolve issues where necessary; eg. SAP or System Implementer.
- Perform unit and integration test, as well as coordinate users' acceptance test for resolved issues.
- Manage and coordinate resolution of Change Requests that may involve system enhancement, training requests etc.
Service Management and Continuous Improvement:
- Support the transition team in ensuring that all technical knowledge is captured. Ensure that the site operation teams are fully trained to support the site infrastructure. Perform job shadowing and go-live preparations.
- Review information, incidents, problems and analysis collected and escalated by SAP Service Desk team. Perform additional analysis of incidents and problems. Resolve the incidents and problems.
- Escalate incidents and problems, as necessary, to the appropriate team or vendor, while actively retaining ownership of the incident on behalf of the users. Notify users of resolutions.
- Seek opportunities, develop and maintain knowledge of business processes, and SAP applications functionality and configuration. Receptive to performance and developmental feedback.
- Deliver SAP Functional support work within agreed service levels and budgetary guidelines defined in the Service Level Agreement.
Education and Experience Required:
- Assist Team Lead / Assistant Team Lead to scope enhancement request requirements and advice users accordingly on all systems requests and support.
- Assist Team Lead / Assistant Team Lead to provide technical advice and guidance to functional teams on SAP Functional requirements.
- Share ideas and experience with team members and promote teamwork in problem resolution. Share best-practices and cross-train other team members in SAP Functional skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
- • Recognized Diploma or Degree , majoring in the area of Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Business related fields or any relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of related working experience in SAP or other ERP implementation or support environment.
- Keep abreast with SAP technology advancements and developments and have the ability to understand and utilize new technology.
- Abe to apply structured problem-solving skills to quickly evaluate problems, identify root cause, action plans, impacts and resolution options.
- Experience in support technologies e.g. calls logging software, knowledge base, etc. is desirable.
- Primary knowledge of SAP ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Secondary knowledge of SAP ERP (Material Management (MM) and Plant Maintenance (PM))
- Implementation and support environment.
- Possesses technical and analytical skills in systems customization and configurations, forms and reports development on SAP applications.
- ABAP/4 development experience will be an added advantage.