About DXC Technology: We are a Fortune 500 global IT services leader. Our more than 130,000 people in 70-plus countries are entrusted by our customers to deliver what matters most. We use the power of technology to deliver mission critical IT services across the Enterprise Technology Stack to drive business impact. DXC is an employer of choice with strong values, and fosters a culture of inclusion, belonging and corporate citizenship. We are DXC. SAP Applications Development Support
- Identify and confirm system requirements from business users based on functional specifications given.
- Implement approved SAP application development change requests and/or projects.
- Provide solution and/or optimization to ensure the program's performance are optimized.
- Aware of developments in various SAP modules and service interruptions.
- Develop, maintain and support SAP ABAP programs which include reports, interfaces, enhancements, forms, and conversion programs.
- Perform the detailed design of application and technical architecture components.
- Configure, build, and test the application or technical architecture components.
- Work with other developers and other SAP team to make sure that the developments and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Follow good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
- Participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the testers.
- Develop common test data.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Document the application to facilitate maintenance.
- May be required to work on pre-defined shift plans and/or be on standby for operations support.
Service Management and Continuous Improvements
- Support the transition team in ensuring that all technical knowledge is captured. Ensure that the site operation teams are fully trained to support the site infrastructure. Perform job shadowing and go-live preparations.
Education And Experience Required
- Review information, incidents, problems and analysis collected and escalated by SAP Service Desk team. Perform additional analysis of incidents and problems. Resolve the incidents and problems.
- Escalate incidents and problems, as necessary, to the appropriate team or vendor, while actively retaining ownership of the incident on behalf of the users. Notify users of resolutions.
- Seek opportunities, develop and maintain knowledge of business processes, and various SAP modules functionality and configuration. Receptive to performance and developmental feedback.
- Deliver SAP application development work within agreed service levels and budgetary guidelines defined in the Service Level Agreement.
- Implement operational continuous improvement, service efficiency initiatives, application improvement, and application rationalization to better serve Sime Darby business needs.
- Perform regular reviews and analysis of Problem Management data to highlight causes of frequent or high impact failures and suggest preventative action.
- Enter SAP application development solutions into the knowledge database.
- Prepare the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) required for the effectiveness and quality of the services provided.
Knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Recognized Diploma or Degree, majoring in the area of Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or Engineering related fields or equivalent experiences.
- 2 or more years of related working experience in SAP Support environment and/or SAP project implementation in the areas of ABAP and/or S/4 HANA ABAP Programming.
- Keep abreast with SAP technology advancements and developments and have the ability to understand and utilize new technology.
- ABAP Programming Knowledge in the areas of SAP (FI/Co, BPC, HR, ESS/MSS, SD, MM, PM, PP and WM)
- ABAP Programming Knowledge in IS-Automotive (VMS and Warranty) will be an added advantage
Our Culture and Benefits
- Software development and testing methodologies.
- ABAP programming language for Reports, Interfaces, Enhancements and Forms, or any comparable programming language.
- BADIs, User Exits, Data Dictionary, RFCs, BAPIs, ALE, IDOCs, BDCs, Screen Painter, Menu Painter, SAPScripts, SmartForms, Queries, BSP, etc.
- SAP PI / PO.
- HR ABAP Programming
- ABAP Web-Dynpro
- Java Web-Dynpro (would be beneficial for future SAP Development)
- Experience in either SAP ECC and/or S/4 HANA
- ITIL v 4 certified will be an added advantage
DXC is committed to building better futures for our customers, colleagues, environment, and communities. We take care of each other and foster a culture of inclusion, belonging and corporate citizenship. We put this to action developing and implementing societal initiatives within our Social Impact Practice. #WeAreDXC
Our "people first" philosophy means we offer competitive remuneration, benefits, training and career opportunities that reflect our commitment to improving the lives of our employees, and the communities in which we live and work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
DXC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome submissions from people from all walks of life. We celebrate our diversity and recognize it is the unique contributions of our people that give us our edge. We stand by the 'bring your whole-self to work' philosophy. It is our inclusive culture that powers our results, and our company grows only if our people grow.