Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Lead a team of in-house Risk Engineers and Risk Consultants to provide industry leading risk management services by providing superior risk assessments and advice to underwriters and best practice client risk and mitigation solutions to customers. Responsibilities :
- Contributes to the development and execution of functional strategy, business plans and objectives that align to the divisional strategy.
- Develop and embed industry leading risk management services and capabilities to build QBE's unique value proposition.
- Lead the delivery of operational plan and risk management services within agreed service levels and budget.
- Research, evaluate and develop innovative and technology solutions to continually expand and enhance the functions service offering.
- Ensures sufficient planning is completed for all initiatives and projects.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of risk management services procedures, processes, guidelines, tools and systems.
- Continually evaluate and implement ongoing improvements to function processes to ensure efficiency and alignment to product and best practice risk management strategies.
- Develop, maintain and review procedures, technical documents, guidelines, fact sheets, checklists and other publications relevant to the function.
- Manage reporting requirements, including but not limited to regular operational reporting to monitor service delivery and budget.
- Actively manage and monitor team to ensure adherence to function processes.
- Deliver business improvement initiatives and other special projects.
- Lead the delivery of portfolio customer risk management services including meetings, risk surveys, reports, recommendations and developing tailored customer solutions in collaboration with Distribution, Product and broker partners.
- Proactively promote the Risk Solutions brand internally and externally, building market credibility and awareness of QBE's risk management services and capabilities in collaboration with Marketing.
- Develop, maintain and promote effective working relationships across the function with Product and business stakeholders to further develop relationships and ensure service delivery meets business expectations.
- Build and maintain awareness of risk management services and processes across business units through employee briefing sessions, training programs and effective communication.
- Develop a resource library to publish risk management materials focused on emerging risk issues, controls and standards and provide insights, guidance and best practices to customers, broker partners, supplies and QBE employees.
- Plan and manage activities to develop technical risk management capabilities across the function, outsourced suppliers, QBE employees, broking partners and customers through advice, fact sheets, in-person training, webinars or videos.
- Lead the development and delivery of annual technical training plan for function, including suppliers and underwriting teams.
- Research, develop and implement best practice tools and techniques to collect, synthesize, analyze and advise on risk data for risk acceptance, underwriting and pricing.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant regulations, industry standards and codes.
- Provide stakeholders with technical risk management advice, expertise and support as required.
- Ensure all direct reports have appropriate SMART objectives & measures agreed that align to business plan and divisional strategy.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve overall capability of team.
- Develop a culture of accountability and teamwork through effective performance management.
- Actively coach and mentor team to ensure optimum performance, employee engagement and retention.
- Actively encourage feedback, recognize and celebrate success.
- Minimum 10 years' relevant professional experience providing insurance risk management services.
- Ability to influence management and develop relationships with key stakeholders across business units and levels of the organization.
- Excellent communicator with strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills - oral and written and Project management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in loss prevention.
- Proven leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Relevant tertiary level qualification (e.g. Professional Engineering degree or equivalent).
- Risk management, loss prevention and business continuity planning principles.
- Insurance, including underwriting, pricing and claims.
- Engineering, mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, behavioural economics.
- Hazards, controls and regulations/standards for relevant product lines.
Application Close Date: 30/12/2023 11:59 PM
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.