Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Responsible for ensuring all assigned reviews are carried out in a professional, timely and consistent manner. Leads and executes audits that identify and analyses risks to the business, recommends improvements to the control environment and monitors resulting management action plans Help to ensure significant risks of the business are being adequately and appropriately mitigated by management and to provide value to the business through effective and efficient audit recommendations.
Strategy and Planning
- Proactively seek to participate as appropriate in the development of aspects of the divisional GIA strategy
- Proactively supports the implementation of the divisional GIA strategy, including achievement of the Audit Plan.
Policy, Process and Procedures
- Effective and efficient resource and time/timetable management in relation to supervision of small teams of GIA staff and specific GIA engagements.
- Delivery of assigned work to a high quality in line with appropriate audit standards, budgeted times and scheduled completion dates.
- Understand and utilize an up to date audit methodology on all engagements.
- Proactively seek to enhance the audit approach by using techniques and technology effectively.
- Effectively uses advanced capabilities of technology (ie. audit and other QBE standard tools) in the conduct of GIA activities and engagements.
- Actively support the implementation of technology initiatives, including the provision of on-the-job training.
Environmental Awareness/Customer Focus
- Build and maintain effective ongoing working relationships with management and staff of the areas of assigned work, to understand their needs and manage their expectations during the assignment process.
- Review the reliability and integrity of financial, operating and management information.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of business operations and processes
- Evaluate compliance with relevant Acts, policies and procedures.
- Identify issues and provide recommendations in the area of assigned work that are relevant, commercial and sound.
- Effective risk-based planning including effective gathering of information and risk assessment to determine the appropriate nature and extent of audit work in accordance with the GIA risk based framework and annual audit plan
- Draft, prepare and submit audit findings for proposed inclusion in the final GIA report, requiring minimal re-write and/or additional queries
- Assume primary responsibility for an agreed area of specialty within GIA to act as resource to the GIA team.
- Fully effective in the completion of audits of medium risk/ complex areas with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and understanding of GIA principles and relevant standards and regulatory requirements in the conduct of assigned work.
- Conducts effective and efficient audit engagement meetings, including client, audit planning and exit meetings.
- Leads and executes audits that identify and analyses risks to the business, recommends improvements to the control environment and monitors resulting management action plans.
- Self management of career development and training.
- Ability to lead team as a role model in coaching and developing others.
- Actively supervise GIA staff for compliance with GIA and other QBE policies and procedures in the course of GIA work, including the provision of on-the-job training and review of work performed.
- Motivate other GIA staff and foster teamwork to ensure a high standard of performance.
- Seeks to be highly productive within GIA, including proactive management of personal utilization in co-ordination with GIA management.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the department. Professional and sensitive to interactions with others.
- Give and respond to timely and constructive feedback to improve performance.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.