S&P Global Commodities Insight The Team:
- S&P Global Commodity Insights division works closely with major exploration and production companies to provide data, insights, and advanced analytics. Within this division, the International Well Data team ensures that our customers get access to the most comprehensive and reliable well data.
- Our clients largely comprise of oil and gas operators, international/national oil companies, gas and power utilities, financial investors, governments, and other stakeholders.
- We offer clients a combination of long-term advisory, tailored consulting, and membership services to meet their needs. We work with corporate and regional executives to develop sustainable strategies and to assess investments and divestments within those strategies.
What's in it for you:
- As a member of the International Well Data team, you will be responsible for research, entry, maintenance, and quality control of the wells data within the international upstream database, with Continental Europe, being the main region of responsibility.
- Daily interaction with and the chance to learn from industry experts at the forefront of the oil and gas upstream business and an unrivaled opportunity to gain a broad industry perspective.
- To assist on a variety of research-based workstreams including consulting engagements, detailed country profiles, refined product demand forecasts, etc.
- An outstanding culture, S&P Global consistently returns exceptional employee feedback in surveys identifying the company as a great place to work.
What We're Looking For:
- Well information processing, entry, and validation in the Oracle database.
- Support data sourcing process related to the exploration and production activity in the region of responsibility.
- Manage historical entries in the database. Participate in data improvement projects through global, country, basin or area reviews conducted by the team.
- Ensure consistency and alignment between the well database and upstream intelligence reports.
- Support country and regional experts in resolving client queries/requests relating to well data.
- You are analytical thinker, good team player with proactive behavior and you enjoy managing geo-technical information.
- Minimum BS in Geology or other relevant Earth Science.
- Good understanding of petroleum geology. Experience in the oil and gas industry is an advantage.
- Understanding of main drilling procedures, ability to extract valuable attributes from the raw drilling data.
- Ability to convert technical information into a usable format for entry into the database.
- Confident user of MS Excel main functions. MS Power BI knowledge is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the mapping software, preferably ArcGIS.
- Ability to analyze the satellite imagery.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
Kuala Lumpur About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.