Vice President of STSC- Centre of Excellence
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 16 Feb 19
Vice President of STSC- Centre of Excellence
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank. It is the STS mission to protect the Bank from information security threats by delivering effective information security services, responding to security incidents and educating staff. The STS team is instrumental in ensuring the Bank soundly meets its commitments to internal and external stakeholders and maintains an appropriate cyber security defence posture. Furthermore, the STS team plays a significant part in the Bank's 'Secure by Design' mission.
The importance of our mission has strengthened over time and is a principle concern for shareholders, clients, regulators and the communities we operate in. Our Banks success depends on the Security Technology Services function to maintain the correct balance of security capabilities and risk management across the all businesses and functions across our global footprint.
The STSC-Centre of Excellence in an integral part within the Security Trust Solution Centre (STSC), supporting the overall operations and delivery of the various domains within STSC.
The STSC-Centre of Excellence is made up highly to drive operational delivery,excellence and governance and working collaboratively within and outward of Security Technology Services function to achieve the goal of protecting the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
Standard Chartered is transforming into a Digital Bank and requires a forward thinking "Secure by Design" function to embed Security in its portfolio of technology investments and projects. Reporting to the Vice President of Security & Trust Solution Centre you will be part of an exclusive team of highly motivated specialists who are able to deliver effective and efficient support to the STSC function in terms of process improvement initiatives, governance & assurance, analytical reporting, and customer-facing support.
The Role Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for STSC, ensuring successful delivery of objectives in line with the Bank and STSC vision and mission.
- Leads and manages change management and awareness activities for STSC
- Establish appropriate stakeholder management and governance models in alignment with Standard Chartered Bank standards
- Leads and fronts audits/risks related matters for STSC with the Service Vice President
- Drives STSC strategy, developing new while maturing current processes to address the complex global cybersecurity risk and threat modelling and threat information landscape
- Manage location matters for Malaysia for STSC
- Prepare, present and embed specific strategies for sourcing, learning & development and compensation & benefits for the team
- Partners with other STS or STSC pillars to drive key initiatives including those critical to the Business Function and the Bank
- Provide thought leadership and best practice Security expertise to STS and STSC
Our Ideal Candidate
- Have previous experience being a Vice President of Function
- Equipped with more than 15 years of management leadership role
- Experienced with more than 5 years in Cyber Security
- Have executed / involved and successfully completed multiple project delivery
- Strong project management skills with deep knowledge of programme and project methodologies (e.g. MSP, Waterfall, Agile)
- Experience of working with external partners to supply and deliver project management capability
- Proven stakeholder management skills across IS and the business to leadership level
- Ability to engage with and influence shared services teams and the operational teams
- Ability to command respect and create a sense of community within the projects teams
- Highly effective communication style that builds both effective relationships at all levels of the organization and impacts outcomes and decisions.
- Outstanding organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a highly matrixed environment.