We are hiring Vice President, Corporate department
in KL, Malaysia! Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed. What the day will look like
Responsible to develop and implement placement strategy in line with local and regional placement guidelines reporting into the country senior leadership and working across with all relevant stakeholders to support their placement needs. The primary functions of the role is to focus on portfolio review/segmentation, carrier management and driving relationships, product development, implementing uniformity in placement process, documentation and content including portfolio solutions such as facilities and ultimately achieving the financial goals.
How this opportunity is different
- Review, plan, identify and strategize growth and penetration of existing and potential clients.
- Establish and/or maintain strong partnership and relationship with markets to secure best available terms in insurance placements.
- Support and assist in leading and managing the day to day operations and functions of placements and to roll out any new initiatives and/or implementations of changes that may be necessary to improve and enhance insured programs and processes.
- Ability to work independently and to respond to non-routine and complex inquiries from either markets or clients.
- Develop and prepare underwriting specifications, proposal, insurance summaries/slips.
- Always ensure that Aon placement methdology and other associated processes are adopted to ensure alignment of best practices
- Using placement data, market knowledge and benchmarking information, identify gaps in the market, and trends and opportunities, and build solution oriented product offerings to support busiess growth and client retention
- Timely actions on all placement requirements not limited to preparation of reports, proposals, presentations, trouble shooting, issuance of broking slips, billings, checking of policies & etc.
- Strong technical skills on all general classes of insurance.
- Ensure effective implementation and strict compliance of local regulations and best practices, locally as well as globally
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, proactiveness and team spirit
You will be m anaging and assisting the supervisor in handling and managing the placement requirements across all solution lines. You will work with clients, insurers, reinsurers, adjusters, investigators, bankers, associations and more! Skills and experience that will lead to success
Education & Qualifications/ Ex pected Experiences :-
- Degree in insurance or any relevant qualifications
- Minimum 10-15 years working experience in the reinsurance/placement/underwriting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good knowledge of markets/carriers
- Strong negotiation skills
Skills & Knowledge:-
How we support our colleagues
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power Point
- Insurance Broking knowledge
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two "Global Wellbeing Days" each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. #LI-HYBRID