Aon is currently recruiting a Vice President, Risk Engineer to join our team in KL, Malaysia. About Aon
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
At Aon, you'll be part of a team which will support and inspire you and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It's an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we'll empower results. Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing risk engineering consulting services for Aon Malaysia's clients, which will involve primarily visiting client locations and consulting them on risks associated with property and business interruption, and developing a detailed risk evaluation report that communicates the risk characteristics, the overall condition of the risk, and the safety measures in place in the organization. This will also require recommending risk engineering improvement and safety measures to the client in further improving their risk, and also working closely with the Aon Malaysia broking and servicing team in managing clients' needs and expectations.
Further elaboration of the job requirements:
Education & Qualifications/ Expected Experiences :-
- Carry out a standard risk assessment (physical site visit, or virtual exercise) to identify the risk characteristics, the condition of risk, and safety measures undertaken by clients, using both local insurance and some reference to international fire protection standards
- Develop underwriting and risk engineering reports in good English grammar, of high quality and presentable to both clients and markets representing the Aon brand
- Investigate past failures/losses to further understand risk management measures taken to prevent similar recurrences
- Identify practical and feasible opportunities for risk improvement discovered during loss prevention surveys by sharing best practices to help clients to improve their risk profile, prevent large losses, and also help in obtaining favorable terms with insurers.
- Travel within Malaysia to perform risk consulting services for all types of occupancies ranging from offices/commercial risks to large industrial risks
- Follow up with clients to discuss and prioritize the importance of the implementation of risk recommendations and to ensure that the risk recommendations proposed are implemented
- Provide basic technical consulting in regards to training and education in loss control and safety to the clients on their risks, as and when required
- Provide basic technical consulting in areas related to protection of property, liability, workers safety, automobile and other insurance technical subjects
- Strong interpersonal skills in view of the need to interact with various stakeholders in client's facility, insurers, and local authorities and regulators
- Provide regular update to brokers on progress of survey requests
- Work closely with brokers jointly to support one another and manage clients' needs and expectations, and provide updates on survey requests.
- Develop and inculcate Aon United team spirit and render assistance to others when approached or reach out to others for support when help is needed
- Ensure that the superior is kept informed of all pertinent issues or problems and proposed solutions to resolve issues or problems, and to reach out for discussion when in doubt or where guidance is required
- Take on any new risk engineering initiatives or additional responsibilities that may become necessary to support the company's growth agenda, operational excellence, or individual career development needs
Skills & Knowledge:-
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, any Engineering Science
- With a minimum of 5 years working experience in inspecting, engineering, quality control or manufacturing and have experience with design and installation of industrial, mechanical and electrical equipment
How to Apply
- Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point
- Knowledge on PIAM fire protection and loss prevention requirements, basic knowledge on Malaysian and NFPA fire protection standards
- Good communication and presentation skills in English and Malay as a minimum
- Good report writing skills in English as a minimum
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position. We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.