Upstream Energy Transition Company Analyst
Are you a passionate researcher keen to understand company strategies? Do you enjoy uncovering details to build compelling insights?
We are looking for a research analyst to join our Upstream Transformation Service team, focused on generating insights to help oil and gas companies, governments and financial investors to make critical decisions in an emerging low-carbon world. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to:
- Monitor how oil and gas companies adapt their upstream and corporate strategies to embrace the energy transition
- Assess oil and gas companies' commitments and performance in New Energies
- Track and assess pure-player companies (clean tech, utilities, biofuels etc.) strategies to identify best practices and valuable learnings for the oil and gas companies targeting these sectors
- Research emerging energy transition developments affecting upstream oil and gas to support content generation
- Monitor, collate and uniformise event information to support dataset development
- Identify trends from the collected information and datasets, assist in generating insights on the transformation of upstream players
- Collaborate with other analysts to draft insights on the companies' initiatives in New Energies; as well as writing individual pieces of research on these topics
You will be working in the Upstream Transformation team, which is focused on helping upstream stakeholders identify trends for reducing, offsetting and sequestering greenhouse gas emissions from core upstream oil and gas operations, benchmarking their actions, and defining emerging best practices in emissions management for companies and governments. The team is dedicated to providing critical information for oil and gas companies to navigate through the fast-changing and uncertain journey of the energy transition, helping the upstream stakeholders in portfolio choices and innovation beyond their traditional capabilities.
- Strong demonstrable research, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Proficiency with MS applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the energy and upstream sectors would be beneficial
- Ideally, having passed the Chartered Financial Analyst levels
- Curious and a fast learner who is excited to delve into new areas
- Able to summarise and describe complex issues clearly and concisely
- Able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Able to collaborate with a range of colleagues globally
- Highly organized
- Have great attention to detail
- Work with an international team to develop insightful research
- Build your understanding of the upstream sector and the energy transition - an emerging trend that is shaping the entire energy industry
- Join an industry-leading insight company
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major business sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.