• 6+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. ETL Informatica PC with Teradata, Data Warehousing and SDLC).
• Experience in Teradata utilities BTEQ, MLOAD, FLOAD.
• Experience in programming and optimization techniques of Teradata
• Knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices are desirable.
• Able to drive code promotion & deployment activities.
• Strong experience in Extraction, Transformation, loading (ETL) data from various sources into Data Warehouses and Data Marts using Informatica Power Center (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Metadata Manger). Experience in Oracle and UNIX shell scripting.
• Assists with tuning of ETL processes and database performance
• Knowledge in Dimensions and Facts tables.
• Translated the business processes into Informatica mappings for building the Dimension tables.
• Worked on different tasks such as Event wait, Event Raise and Command.
Knowledge of the mathematical foundations of statistical inference and forecasting such as time series analysis, multivariate analysis, cluster analysis, and optimization.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt modeling methods from case studies or other proven approaches.
• Must have taken the activity to understand the requirements, discuss with the Business to summarize them and convert them into Conceptual Data Model.
• Must have worked in Teradata 12.0 or greater environments.
• Very good knowledge of Advanced Teradata concepts like Join strategy, Index choice, Performance Optimization, Compression, etc.
• Able to handle Troubleshooting & to provide Technical Assistance to team.
• Work in a fast paced environment, able to perform as an Individual Contributor and also able to manage his team delivery.
• Effectively deal with multiple deadline-driven, customer-sensitive projects and tasks
• Able to handle Client interfacing and manage internal & external stakeholders.
• Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
• Strong understanding to concepts of SDLC methodologies like Waterfall & Agile.