Technical Consultant, Regional CoE
Purpose of Role
The Technical Consultant is a key role in the Regional CoE delivery team to implement Experian Solution Architecture and Design across client implementations - this includes getting a clear understanding of the client business requirements and translating these into working, stable and sustainable solution implementation. Candidate Profile
The Technical Consultant is a key person to implement client business requirement into a working and sustainable solution. This includes new prospects, new requests from existing customers, technical support requests, and active participation in the delivery phase of complex projects. This role works closely with the Solution Architect to implement project technical aspects and is the focal point of APAC delivery region in ensuring that the solution implementation is aligned with Experian's product capability. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications We are looking for someone who;
- Strong stakeholder management skills, across several projects including senior stakeholders and counterpart Architects
- Carry out and participate in Technical Design Workshops, Requirements Definition and creation of architecture and design through to sign off
- Implement simple, efficient and supportable solutions
- Support throughout delivery cycle, resolving issues in deliveries
- Provide support for clients and Experian Project Management throughout delivery lifecycle
- Contribute to business transformation, innovation and continuous improvement of the Regional CoE Delivery team
- Technical Delivery Support to address any enquiries
- Be responsible for understanding the customer requirement and the associated project's scope of work and ensure that project work outside scope is referred to Project Management for Change Control
- Drive quality assurance to ensure all work is of a high quality and professionally presented
- Represent Experian as an honest, knowledgeable and conscientious ambassador of the company
- Work closely with fellow team mates to provide effective client service
- Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and Apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers.
- Manage client expectations, participate in feedback to product management to ensure our clients' interests are represented in Experian's product roadmap
- Understand your assigned client's infrastructure, architecture and standards, and how they integrate with Experian's offering. Ability to translate this understanding into writing.
- Ensure consistent service and high quality across all Experian deliveries to your assigned clients
- Ensure maintenance and development of the delivery team's collateral e.g. source code, development environments, software, documentation, tools
- Comply with published standards for coding, testing and documentation and other policies and procedures as laid down under the Delivery Framework
- Understand the potential and the limitations of information technology and Experian products.
- Act as SME between APAC DA Delivery Hub and Experian DA Delivery regions as well as with clients.
- Supports Project Manager in developing cost analyses, design considerations, and implementation time-lines.
- Take ownership in leading the respective team during installation and implementation of new solutions in internal environment and external environment.
- Ensure quality technical documentation and artefacts
- Drives improvement initiatives that enhances delivery efficiency.
- Willing to travel within APAC
- Previous assumed technical consultant role in Solution and Application Architecture.
- Vast amount of successful experience in the architecture, design and development of enterprise applications for similar sized solution driven organisations
- Excellent understanding of integration standards and design patterns with B2B and Backend applications, enterprise service buses and databases.
- An avid and continuous learner with a focus on continuous professional development
- Excellent time-management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Studious problem analysis skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Team worker, performance driven individual
- Able to work under tight time pressures with a great sense of priority management
- Operating systems: Windows, Unix (RHEL, SUSE Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX) & Virtualisation
- Database: Oracle and/or SQL server
- Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, WildFly
- Load Balancing and Fail Over Architecture and Design concepts
- Java Performance Tuning concepts
- Enterprise Service Bus (JMS) Integration concepts
- Web Services (SOAP and REST) and Web Service Security (WSSE)
- Security Sockets Layer (SSL) and Security Certificates
- LDAP integration
- XML, XSLT, XSD, XPath, FreeMarker, HTTP, TCP-IP,
- SVN Subversion for configuration management
- Presentation: PPT, Visio
- Knowledge of at least/multiple DA products such as PowerCurve and/or Tallyman (desirable)
- 5 years in a similar role
- Experience in solution architecture, technical design and application infrastructure design and definition
- International experience and ability to work with virtual/distant teams is desirable
- Strong background and broad experience in the technology domain.
- Strong background and a minimum 10+ years' experience in technology domain.
- Consultative experience and attitude; experience in developing technical solutions
- Experience and ability to lead a project involving other technological competencies
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Science, IT or related discipline.