Strategy and Planning Manager
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Strategy & Planning Manager.
The Strategy & Planning (S&P) Manager is a key role within the CEO office which supports and reports into the Chief of Staff role in ensuring that the Group Strategy is assimilated and executed within the Country acting as a catalyst and driver for strategic change. The role also supports the CEO's office across a wide range of activities and is based out of KL, Malaysia. Principal responsibilities
- This role will be an integral part of the CEO office, supporting the execution of the Country Strategy Plan and Strategic Priorities which involves driving near term strategy execution in meeting overall country scorecard and country strategic plan.
- Support the execution of HBMY's ESG and sustainable future practices/initiatives
- While the role is country specific; it involves working with very senior stakeholders within as also across markets, region and group.
- S&P Manager will work very closely with country Heads of Business and Functions as also the Business Admin Teams to research external market data and insights to help add value and perspective to the country Sales Enabling Forums and Corridor discussions
- S&P Manager will also get involved with external bodies, regulators, industrial groups etc for meetings, conferences and activities.
- Assist in preparing key documentation such as reporting to Region, governance forums including Executive Committee and Board, Sales Enabling Forum, CEO scorecard.
- Good understanding of the financial services industry in Malaysia (and ASEAN) and underand the key economic drivers and trends
- Well-developed analytical skills, capacity to process high volumes of complex information and synthesise key themes and issues
- Strong writing skills with good proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with various stakeholders and strong attention to details
- Strategy, business management or advisory experience is a plus
- Good knowledge of HSBC Group with experience in one or more of HSBC's main markets and businesses is an advantage
- Ability to work independently and in a small team
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation needed will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.