Sr. Application Support Engineer
IHS Markit's Global Markets Group (GMG) provides market intelligence, data and technology solutions to all participants in the Global Markets. Position Summary
We're seeking a talented and highly motivated Engineer to help us 2nd line Application Support. Solve interesting technical challenges in the areas of distributed high-performance computing for a high-available cloud environment. Candidate is willing to explore new tools & technologies to meet the product demands.
This person will report directly to the regional support manager responsible for application support on these systems and will work closely with the global team contributing to the quality of our support. Duties & accountabilities
- Apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge together with investigative techniques to identify and resolve issues efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with development team as required for third line escalation.
- Implement and monitor system checks for early detection of potential problems and raise the appropriate service outage ticket to initiate the incident management process when needed.
- Drive and engage in disaster recovery processes for all products.
- Coordinate with product and delivery teams to ensure the App Support team is ready for new releases and engaged in early design of new enhancements
- Work on initiatives and continuous improvement process around proactive application health monitoring, reporting, and technical support.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in an Application Support role
- Must have fundamental working knowledge of Oracle, SQL and RDBMS - including database query plan analysis and monitoring
- Knowledge of operating systems most especially Windows and Linux is a must. Good shell scripting experience is a must. Ability to use python scripting is an advantage
- Ideally familiar with monitoring tools such as Splunk, New Relic, Centreon and Monolith.
- Must have fundamental knowledge of networking basics and topology.
- Knowledge of AWS/CI-CD and some of its technologies such as Git, Elasticsearch, EC2, Redshift, etc is an advantage.
- Must be knowledgeable in SDLC and experience in raising development bugs - including priority assessment, high quality analysis, and detailed investigation. Understanding of agile methodology, a plus
- Experience in reading and debugging .Net code is added advantage
University Graduate with Bachelor's Degree in computer science or Computer Engineering related degree, Master's Degree is a plus Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of, or experience of working in the financial services industry would be a plus
- Excellent understanding of software systems and technology
- Good understanding of software support team functions and a solid understanding of the end to end application development process.
- A strong desire to keep up with all the latest developments in related technologies
- Confident individual who can represent the team at various levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to carry out business impact analysis and prioritize tasks according to severity and importance
- Must be a strong communicator both written and verbally in English
- Excellent listening, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly languages
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter capable of working independently as well as contribute to the team's requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Be able to work flexible shift hours including weekends to meet work requirements and project deadlines
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.