Do you want to help software businesses modernise and invent their future products, or use technology to accelerate the growth of digital native start-ups?
This role is part of our Best Fit job match program. We have a variety Solutions Architect roles in Malaysia. This includes generalist roles in Enterprise, Software and Cloud Sales Centre segments. Apply for this role to be considered for multiple roles.
Key job responsibilities
- Serve as a key technical member of the Solutions Architecture team, helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform
- Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria
- Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the solution architect community
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals
- Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems
- Work with internal teams to scale solutions and business workflows out to a wide cross section of customers
- Become an AWS solution thought leader and champion for cloud adoption and migration
A day in the life
Our solutions architects are experienced technologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills. As a Solutions Architect in the software business, you will work directly with some of our largest customers to enable innovation through continuous improvement, software development and deployment best practices, and help these businesses stay on top of the latest technology trends in software and solutions architecture in the cloud.
Many software businesses are investing in modernising their technology stacks and platforms to iterate faster, increase the velocity of service delivery, achieve a global reach for their products and services, improve their security posture, all whilst driving the cost to serve and acquisition as low as possible.
As a Solutions Architect you provide technology leadership in supporting software businesses modernise and invent their future software products. Solutions Architects help advise and guide customers whilst they:
- Evolve towards global SaaS platforms.
- Migrate away from software monoliths to more flexible serverless, container-based, micro-service architectures.
- Migrate and modernise their legacy database systems.
- Improve their security and operational rigour by embracing practices like DevSecOps and SRE.
- Adopt new API strategies using REST and GraphQL.
- Embrace powerful data analytics and AI/ML platforms and tools.
- Define and adopt new technical strategies enabling them to present their offering on the AWS platform
- Grow to efficiently and reliably run their products, applications and services on the AWS platform.
About the team
One of the keys to AWS's success is its top-tier collaborative culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS professionals that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with a talented team of managers and Solutions Architects that will push your technical abilities while you bring new innovations to a widely adopted and fast growing service.
Amazon offers an equitable salary package that includes shares, sign-on bonus, and a host of benefits. You will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study
- Experienced in application architecture and full stack software development
- Experience in developing technology solutions and evangelising end-to-end technology roadmaps that guide IT transformation toward cloud computing
- Deep proficiency in a modern programming language such as Java, NodeJS, .NET, Go, Rust or Python
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Knowledge of and advocate for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Software Engineering best practices
- Broad technology experience including: cloud architecture, applications development, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, machine learning, networking, security, storage, DevOps, containers, serverless, CI/CD, management and monitoring, cloud migrations, IT transformation.
- Experience architecting/designing solutions ideally built on the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
At AWS, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don't wait, apply today!