About Amazon Web Services
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
A Partner Sales Solution Architect (PSSA) is a specific type of SA that drives scale and accelerates customer outcomes through partner-delivered AWS best practices and solutions. Combining business acumen with technical skills, you will seek to understand customer needs and industry trends to build technical strategies and initiatives that address these repeatably through partners. This includes over 200 AWS services and hundreds more partner solutions across Data, Analytics, Applications, Development, Internet of Things, Machine Learning and others.
This position is part of our Partner Sales team in ASEAN. You will make an impact by evangelizing partner solutions and capabilities internally, connecting the right partner to customer opportunities through technical knowledge and validation of partner skills and solutions. You will also support prioritized partner opportunities where there is a technical need or opportunity to further scale the partner by your involvement.
You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be leading it. Watch this short video (https://bit.ly/2H5GLUW) to find out what it's like as a Solution Architect in ASEAN
At Amazon Web Services we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS.
You will be supported in your career development here at AWS. This includes building your technical consulting and leadership skills. We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities.
We passionately believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. Recruiting are decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Key job responsibilities
- Serve as a key technical member of the Partner Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success through partners in ASEAN.
- Focus on the technical enablement of AWS partners to help them deliver successful customer outcomes.
- Scope each engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Own technical engagements, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value (delivery of actual solutions to be done by AWS partners).
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals in ASEAN
- Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems.
- Experience in a similar role as a Solutions Architect, Cloud Architect, Technical Consultant, Technical Lead, Software Architect, Engineering Lead, Sales Engineer, etc
- Experience working with or for systems integrators
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
- Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers.
- Solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience
- AWS implementation or consulting experience
- Application development experience
- AWS Professional Certification