Role: Service Line Sales Specialist - Software & Platform Engineering
Geographical Coverage: Malaysia
Base Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Summary of Role
Service Line Sales Specialists (SLS) provide deep expertise in a Service Line Practice Area to support the Client Leadership Team to close new and expansion opportunities on accounts. They are actively involved in growing the service line's footprint and working with the Client Partners to engage clients with service line opportunities.
In this role, the SLS will cover the key areas of Digital Experience
, Software Product Engineering
, Enterprise Application Modernisation
and Application Development & Maintenance Services
along with Quality Assurance Services.
He or she will balance client/project responsibilities with business development and sales responsibilities including identifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities. The position also requires working with and leveraging a top-notch client leadership team. The individual will also be developing strategies and tactics for further penetrating the account in addition to cross selling Cognizant's emerging services. The SLS will collaborate with the Client Partners in achieving "trusted advisor" status and have a mix of strategic and tactical management experience. Role Responsibilities
- Market Leadership:
- Lead and champion Cognizant's Software & Platform Engineering offerings in market
- Collaborate across all of service line practices and offerings in AI, Data, IoT and Cloud platforms to ensure we grow share in world class digital innovation, mobile/web applications helping clients reinvent their businesses
- Achieve annual sales and revenue targets against a set of account portfolio
- Work closely with Client Partners and overall team to develop and execute client strategy
- Provide subject matter expertise to proposal development and overall solution.
- Relationship Management:
- Execute and manage the account plan within function/specialism in collaboration with the Client Partner
- Invest time in strengthening existing client relationships. Participates in reviews and provides educated and relevant perspectives.
- Client Relationship Management; engage with CXO, VP and Director level clients
- Business Development:
- Respond to and deliver on client requests; responds to RFPs.
Skills & Experience
- Identify opportunities, makes proactive proposals to client in line with account strategy.
- Obtain appropriate approvals to pursue opportunities.
- Lead pursuits as a pursuit owner to close new and expansion opportunities related to their sales specialisms, working closely with Client Leadership Team.
- Engage the relevant internal Cognizant practices teams and service lines team for developing solutions.
- Create and present account Pipeline; QBR presentations and executive status report
Strong combination in the following:
- 10+ years of experience in a senior-level Application services seller with good knowledge and prior experience and a strong track record in selling in the following areas of Software & Platform Engineering:
(Candidates should have a strong domain experience in one of the 4 areas of User Experience, Software Engineering, Enterprise application modernisation and Quality Assurance with a good understanding of at least one of the other three areas)
- User Experience Design, Design Thinking, UX/UI and customer engagement across web, mobile, omni-channel experience, ecommerce.
- Software Product Engineering approaches, agile methodology and building green fields application using cloud native solutions.
- Large scale Enterprise Application modernisation and migration using Micro-services architecture and cloud native solutions with DevOps.
- Application development and Maintenance
- Quality Engineering & Assurance
- Understanding drivers and enablers of digital transformation within companies, eg, Data, Applications, Cloud
- Recent experience working for IT professional services or management consulting firm(s)
- Recent experience managing global service delivery model(s)
- Excellent problem solving, business communication (written & oral), and client management skills are essential
- Ability to build client relationships; strengthening partnerships by focusing on exceptional client experience, risk management and value realization built on the foundation of Cognizant leadership capabilities
- Experience developing opportunity pipelines, qualifying high priority deals, and winning new business in line with agreed targets
- Experience closing sales with a specific emphasis on growing sales. Specifically, win new deals in customer account per pre-agreed targets.
- Proven leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution, strategic and critical thinking and ownership, particularly with highly diverse teams
- Ability to work collaboratively in a virtual and highly matrixed environment
- Bachelor's degree required OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Feb 13 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.