Senior Solutions Architect
Do you have a passion for helping customers design large distributed systems? Would you like to do this using the world's most advanced cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping an organization to understand application architectures and integration approaches, to architect advanced cloud-based solutions, and to help launch the build-out of those systems? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communications, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide major projects to success? The AWS Solutions Architecture team is hiring!
Come join the team as a Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Malaysia. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB & RDS databases, Amazon CloudFront CDN, etc.) within large strategic accounts. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, working cross-organizationally to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform. The ideal candidate will posses customer facing skills that will allow them to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
The ideal candidate will look like this...
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale cloud computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, so that you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud. You regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises along with technical deep dive drive technical discussions to create world class systems for AWS.
Candidates should have experience in most of the following areas:
Speaking and presentation skills - Presentations, white boarding, large and small group speaking.
Technical - Web services development/deployment experience, and IT systems and network engineering experience.
Operations and Security - Website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security and compliance experience.
Economic and business - RFP/Acquisition support; market analysis; cost benefit analysis, etc.
Experience in engaging enterprise class environment and complex architecture designs.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
* Similar to external. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess 15+ years of current solutions architecture (implementation/consulting) experience with C-Levels in large companies.
• Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
• Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers. AWS specific experience a bonus.
• Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries is highly desired.
• Deep knowledge of Infrastructure Security, Security Compliance and Operations is highly desired.
• Enterprise application and database architecture a bonus.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in English is a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired.
• Working knowledge of software development practices and Internet-related technologies highly desired.