Senior Software Engineer - Hadoop/Spark
Job Description: Job Profile Summary
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and analyzes moderately complex software programs for computer based systems. Customizes software based upon research. Skills required:
Experienced big data/Hadoop and Spark developer, with a strong background in file distributed systems.
Programming languages: Python, Scala, PySpark package
Scripting: Shell scripting
Hadoop ecosystem: Hive, Oozie, Spark Scala, Spark Python, Airflow
ETL: Talend Job Description Essential Job Functions
- Performs moderately complex systems modeling, simulation and analysis to provide appropriate software solutions.
- Develops software system testing procedures, programming and documentation to ensure standard use of procedures.
- Provides input for documentation of new or existing programs to ensure information accessibility, as required.
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots and analyzes software programs to ensure compatibility with hardware systems.
- Customizes software based on research and customer needs as appropriate.
- Coordinates and facilitates communications with other departments and/or commercial vendor(s) to investigate and resolve software matters of significance and to ensure proper functioning of systems.
- Maintains communication with management and customers regarding status of software development and problems.
- Acts as technical lead on large projects involving a particular software package(s).
- Provides the customer base with first level support.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Five or more years of experience in software engineering or operating systems programming
- Experience working with design and coding languages
- Experience working with software design principles
- Experience working with computer hardware
- Good analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of software
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Good communication skills to interact with team members and senior support personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team