Senior Research Analyst, E&P Terms and Above-Ground Risk, IHS Markit Upstream Oil & Gas, Asia Pacific
Are you an analytical thinker who knows Asia? Do you enjoy helping energy companies assess risk and governments benchmark their policies?
We're looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Upstream Oil and Gas Division to:
- Create forward-looking analysis on the above-ground risk environment in Asia Pacific
- Monitor and assess the impacts of key political, economic and regulatory developments affecting the upstream sector
- Engage with clients on these topics through presentations and discussions
- Maintain risk assessments and profiles
- Collaborate with other teams to build integrated research and support the development of bespoke consulting deliverables
You will be working in the E&P Terms and Above-Ground Risk Team. This is a global team composed of 25 petroleum fiscal experts, petroleum lawyers and petroleum risk experts. We are dedicated to providing oil and gas companies and governments with actionable insights to inform upstream investment decisions and policymaking.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in politics, Asian studies, energy policy or similar area, or at least 5 years of relevant work experience in these fields in Asia
- Prior experience producing high-quality research and analyzing Asia Pacific's political economy and risk
- Proficiency with MS applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with the upstream oil and gas industry preferred
- Experience with policy and regulatory analysis a plus
- Regional languages are desirable
- A strong critical thinker who can leverage qualitative and quantitative information
- An excellent writer and communicator in English
- Very detail oriented
- Comfortable interacting with clients and presenting
- A multi-tasker with efficient time management skills
- Work alongside a team of industry-leading experts to become the point person for views on the upstream investment environment in Asia Pacific
- Support a range of upstream companies in assessing risks to inform investment decisions
- Engage with regional governments to benchmark and inform upstream policymaking
- Collaborate with a global network of subject matter experts and leverage world-class datasets to create insightful research
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.