S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role:
Senior Research Analyst, APAC Above-Ground Risk and Energy Transition The Team:
You will be working in the E&P Terms and Above-Ground Risk team, an industry-leading provider of analysis on above-ground issues affecting the hydrocarbon sector. We are dedicated to providing oil and gas companies and governments with actionable insights to inform upstream investment decisions and policymaking. You will also collaborate extensively with the Upstream Transformation team to assess how energy transition policy developments are affecting the upstream investment environment. The Impact:
Support oil and gas companies, governments and financial investors in making critical business decisions, assessing above-ground risks and adapting to a low-carbon world. What's in it for you:
- Work alongside a team of industry-leading experts to become the point person for views on the upstream investment environment in Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Support a range of upstream companies in assessing risks to inform investment decisions
- Engage with regional governments to benchmark and inform upstream policymaking
- Collaborate with a global network of subject matter experts and leverage world-class datasets to create insightful research on how the energy transition is affecting the upstream sector in Asia Pacific
Are you an analytical thinker who knows Asia Pacific? Do you enjoy helping energy companies assess risk and governments benchmark their policies?
We're seeking a highly motivated individual to:
What We're Looking For:
- Create forward-looking analysis on the above-ground risk environment for the hydrocarbon industry in Asia Pacific
- Monitor and assess the impacts of key political, economic and regulatory developments affecting the upstream sector
- Engage with clients on these topics through presentations and discussions
- Maintain risk assessments and profiles
- Collaborate with other teams to build integrated research, especially related to how energy transition developments are affecting the oil and gas sector in Asia Pacific
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in politics, Asian studies, energy policy or similar area, or at least 5 years of relevant work experience in these fields in Asia
- Prior experience producing high-quality research and analyzing Asia Pacific's political economy and risk
- Strong critical thinking and the ability to leverage qualitative and quantitative information
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English
- Effective time management and a detail-oriented approach
- Proficiency with MS applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with the upstream oil and gas industry preferred
- Regional languages are desirable
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. The Location:
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia or Gurgaon, India About the Company: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.