• To provide leadership, guidance and support to the department to achieve annual objectives and deliverables.
• To develop and operationalize sustainable growth strategy of the business by formulating and implementing initiatives which supports the strategy.
• To support operational strategy and ensure that the operational activities meet the organizational requirements.
• Evaluate performance and guide subordinates in terms of operational processes, skills and technical know-how in order to improve the staff productivity and to maintain consistency in operational support and delivery.
• Execute human resource strategy i.e. implement succession plan, maintain low staff attrition rate, reward and recognize high performers including maintaining a healthy and highly motivated team whilst encouraging teamwork.
Risk & Compliance
• Establish proper structure in the department that promotes accountability and transparency, promote a sound compliance culture which reinforces ethical, prudent and professional behaviour.
• Establish and improve on key control aspect of the operations to ensure compliance with corporate requirements and risk mitigation thus reducing fraud losses/write-off and adjustments.
• Timely reporting of potential/actual breaches to the respective departments and branches.
• Address actual or suspected breaches of regulatory requirements or internal policies in a timely and appropriate manner.
Operations & Controls
• Responsible for re-engineering business processes to improve customer service, cost effectiveness and controls in the department.
• Effectively oversee the transaction processing as well as department activities and ensure that the required tasks are completed within the expected time frame and operations are carried out in accordance with operating procedures.
• To maintain a healthy and highly motivated team whilst encouraging teamwork.
• Work closely with other respective operations team to resolve any exceptions or queries.
• Proactively share new ideas and concepts to improve operations process.
• Oversees the review of operating procedures and the maintaining of processes.
• To work effectively both independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
• To perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Management from time to time.