(Senior) IT Systems & Customer Engineer
About the Role
Located in Kuala Lumpur, the "On Premises" Center of Expertise team is looking for a Senior Customer Engineer supporting Alliance Messaging Hub. The Center of Expertise helps support centres around the world with complex problems, directly, or indirectly through knowledge sharing.
You can make a difference! What to expect:
What will make you successful?
- Support the regional support centres by solving complex customer technical problems or providing answers to queries
- Identify areas of improvement in the product, support tools or documentation.
- -Resolve and report on customer complex to mission critical problems (including 24x7 on call rotation within the team).
- Troubleshoot and quickly diagnose complex problems in accordance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Propose and implement measures to prevent reoccurrence of problems and cases reported.
- Communicate on progress internally and externally.
- Implement solutions and provide product-related consulting at customer/vendor/partner sites.
- Provide technical support to the commercial divisions by participating in technical reviews and giving product presentations and demos.
- Participate and represent the voice of the customer and/or customer support organisation in projects to increase product supportability, operability and usability and decrease product complexity.
- Design, create, organise and deliver staff training, update knowledge management databases and document problem management procedures for both existing and new products and services.
- Be security minded and focused.
- Share your product expertise and ensure Customer Readiness by facilitating a virtual team comprised of stakeholders across the company.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- University/Bachelor degree in IT/Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Willingness to learn and take ownership.
- Continuous Improvement and Agile mind-set.
- Influencer able to build and maintain working relationships.
- Autonomous, driven, with strong ability to quickly adapt and respond to change.
- Customer oriented and quality mindset - we continually strive to deliver true customer value.
- Open-minded, solutions oriented, and a true team player - gaining energy through collaboration with others.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Passionate about IT and technology
- Candidates with SWIFT product knowledge, project management and coordination skills are an asset.
Essential Technical skills and knowledge:
- Strong technical background with good knowledge of UNIX (AIX, Oracle Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux) and Windows operating systems.
Candidates with the following technical skills will have an added advantage.
- Scripting, integration or development knowledge is a strong asset.
- Experience with SWIFTNet Link, Alliance Gateway and Hardware Security Modules (HSM) are an asset.
- Knowledge in protocols, middleware, distributed technology, web technology standards (TCP-based protocols, Web technologies (i.e. J2EE, Web Services, Oracle WebLogic, Tomcat, ...), Docker (or other container technologies), XML (schema, xslt, ...), database technologies (i.e. Oracle), security technologies (i.e. PKI, AES, TLS, tokens, HSM, ...) are a strong asset.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
- Jeremy Janssens - Lead Customer Engineer (Hiring Manager)
What we offer
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.