Senior Global Trade Receivable Finance Product Manager, Amanah
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success.
Representing the largest global Islamic financial services team of any international bank, HSBC Amanah provides a full suite of innovative Islamic products and services to retail and corporate customers around the world. Complementing HSBC's comprehensive range of global banking and financing solutions, HSBC Amanah leverages the Group's international experience and expertise in Islamic finance to best serve the growing demand for this viable alternative to conventional financing in Malaysia.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Senior Global Trade Receivable Finance (GTRF) Product Manager, Amanah Principal Accountabilities:
Qualifications Skills & Requirements
- Oversee implementation and commercialization plans for new or enhanced products, setting and monitoring quantifiable targets and periodically reviewing them with the stakeholders
- Develop product strategy for new income generating products and enhance existing products through briefings / guidance on procedures, product features and product performance in conjunction with global product team
- To ensure that existing products are relevant and competitive in the market by working closely with Services and Business Development teams and balance the product governance requirements with revenue growth
- Provide product expertise on complex client requirements and coordinate with other regional and global product teams to ensure that the client is provided the best solution, including providing all the essential presentation tools and business support including joining marketing calls with relationship managers if required.
- Support country BDMs on all product related aspects of GTRF including input into RFPs.
- Provide the required product expertise to all stakeholders
- To liaise with relevant parties such as the Shariah Advisory team, Bank Negara Malaysia, Association of Islamic Banks in Malaysia, legal and regulatory compliance departments during the process of products development & enhancement to ensure that HBMS products are Shariah compliant.
- Ensure that all product governance policies and processes are followed in the country and operational procedures adheres to all compliance guidelines, and that commercial banking activities of HBMS are Shariah compliant.
- To liaise and work in collaboration with stakeholders for product development and management matters
- To be responsible for providing advice and assistance to all businesses in relation to all product requirements associated with HBMS products.
- By identifying training needs, recommending staff for training, providing ongoing guidance / coaching.
- Ensure all risks associated with the products managed are identified and adequately mitigated.
- To maintain and ensure due observance of HSBC Internal Control Standards, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal / external auditors and external regulators.
- The person must have legal experience and well versed in Shariah principles.
- Ideally, the job holder should be well versed or at least having a good understanding of Islamic product development.
- Added advantage for LLB Shariah holder.
- Strong drive and initiative with exceptional commercial acumen to derive and implement business strategies to obtain the best possible revenue to the Bank.
- Natural team player who has a flair for collective management to ensure new procedures, solutions and systems are well accepted by relevant stakeholders.
- Affinity towards customers-relationship and constantly striving to exceed customers' expectations.
- Strong leadership, results-oriented, highly analytical, good time management and a passion to be the best.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Malaysia are required.