About the Role
Reporting to the On-Premises Tribe Lead, this senior member is responsible for managing and aligning the Engineering (Dev/QA/Ops) Chapter Leads in Kuala Lumpur. He will work closely with the Head of Engineering chapters in BE to ensure consistency across regions.
He or she becomes energized by creating an environment in which engineers excel and can take responsibility of their own mission with confidence.
The technical excellence of how SWIFT's product and service portfolio are delivered is the overall ambition of this person.
He or she is responsible for defining and prioritizing engineering standards and DevOps practices at the tribe level, working with the chapter leads to put in place sourcing plans and ensure operational readiness of the chapters. What to expect Managing the technology portfolio
Planning and prioritizing the Chapter development and Performance
- Define and enforce quality standards (non-functional requirements) for resilience, scalability, supportability etc.
- Interact with Tribe Architect and Tribe Security Architect to understand the key properties and changes to technology infrastructure
- Leverage the DevOps CoE resources to support Devops improvement across chapters and squads.
Contributing to personnel management and development
- Understand the product vision with Product Owners in Squads
- Understand the DevOps maturity of squads and define and drive the development plans of the Engineering chapter to achieve highest level of DevOps.
- Continuously encourage researching and testing of new technologies / developments within squads and regularly update Product Owners and Chapter Leads on new technical developments
- Ensure alignment across chapters in technology choices, and drive adoption and alignment beyond his own tribe.
What will make you successful?
- Own engineering skills sourcing plans, composition and headcount for his region
- Foster and orchestrate the knowledge sharing across the different Chapters and orchestrate the synchronization among the engineering Chapter Leads
- Responsible for building capacity and competence in engineering chapters, based on close collaboration with Chapter Leads
- Define resource plan for the engineering part of the Tribe and support hiring of new talent, review performance results and align development plan with Chapter Leads
- Manage Chapter Leads from a people perspective to continuously develop, both personally and within their area of expertise as well as orchestrating the performance management, setting the objectives and ensuring skills development
- University Degree with minimum 10 years of relevant experience as IT expert.
- Several years of experience in people management - preferably in a unit with 10+ employees
- Pragmatic, non-controlling mindset of building and enabling quality delivery through deep-rooted ownership in the organization
- You are passionate about Agile and DevOps
- You have strong competencies in development and CI/CD pipeline
- You have been involved in data management and analytics environment and understand its challenges.
- You are an inspiration, and you show energy and passion, you motivate people to really achieve propositions
To know the team better, you may explore LinkedIn profile of some of the team members:
Maarten Mampaey - Head of On Premises Product Strategy
Konstantinos Kolokoutsas - Product Management Chapter Lead What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.