About the Role
We are looking for talented individuals to support us build the next generation of our data products and services. If you want to have direct impact on how the world adapts to the changes in technology and have an affinity with financial services, then the SWIFT Data and Analytics Tribe is a place for you.
The Transaction Data Collection (TDC) squad is part of the Transaction Data Cluster, together with the Transaction Data Platform squad and the Transaction Data API squad. The TDC squad is responsible for centralized data ingestion, storage and processing and its mission is to enable data analysts and data products to deliver high-quality insights.
The TDC squad is the core of the Data Management Platform, as it ensures various types of transaction data (and underlying data connectors, such as RESTful Push and Pull API, Kafka bus, Oracle DBLinks) can be combined in a generic way, processed near real-time, stored efficiently and accessed in a well-governed manner. What to expect:
What will make you successful?
- Developing a data management platform based on industries best practices and standards for collecting data, managing data, and delivering data across different systems internally and externally.
- Ensuring data platform and database are adhering to governance framework that are robust and scalable.
- Ensuring high data quality and data integrity.
- Engaging and working with stakeholders to establish proper data framework and platform in an Agile-working environment.
- Proven experience in Data Engineering and Software Development Practices
- Solid programming/coding experience in Java Development
- Solid understanding of Data Engineering & ETL Development
- Experience working in an Agile development (scrum) context, with hands-on experience on Agile tools (JIRA, Confluence, ...) and CICD development & deployment tools (Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Git, ...)
- Good experience in architectural design, storage and resiliency concepts
- Having experience in Data API and solid understanding of distributed system.
- Strong understanding of advanced security concepts and implementation (SSL, PKI, LIT, OWASP, encryption, masking)
- Experience with Big Data stack is a strong advantage (Apache NiFi, Kafka, Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Cloudian, Presto/Trino, Argo)
- Experience with Virtualisation concepts and orchestration technologies (Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, ...)
- Good experience in SQL, with some RDBMS and/or NoSQL knowledge (OracleDB, GraphDB, CassDB)
- Good understanding of identity & access management, authentication & authorisation is a plus (LDAP, Active Directory, Radius, federation, SAML)
- Good understanding of networking concepts is a plus (TCP/IP, VPN, reverse proxies, firewalls)
- Experience with AWS is a plus (Amazon Kinesis, MSK, Redshift, Google Bigquery, S3)
- Experience with scripting language, primarily Unix Shell, Perl, Python
- Experience in manual & automated testing
- Minimum 8+ years' experience in Software development/Data Engineer Practices/Consulting
- University bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills, with excellent English, both written and spoken
- Proven experience as a key technical resource leading the development of solutions
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery.
- Well-structured, rigorous and organized, able to prioritize and focus on the most important issues at hand and capable of thriving in a fast paced, goals and deadlines driven environment
- Passionate about change & improvement, with constant challenge of the status quo, having demonstrated aptitudes for learning new technologies quickly
- Excellent customer-centric team player and team builder with strong interpersonal skills, willing to work in a multicultural environment and able to lead, coach and groom other team members.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Steven TANG , Chapter Lead
Pavitra RK , Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist APAC (Recruitment Partner to this role) What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.