About the Role
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products, and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organisations, securities institutions, and corporate customers in 211 countries. As part of its Instant, Frictionless payments strategy, SWIFT is rapidly expanding its Data & Analytics capabilities to support our customers in this area of understanding payments.
In this context, the Data & Analytics tribe is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer with excellent knowledge in DevOps principles, methodologies, CI/CD automation and a can-do attitude. What to expect:
What will make you successful:
- Design, develop, test, install and support application systems in line with product requirements.
- Create, deploy and maintain end-to-end CI/CD pipelines ensuring the development and release of software is as seamless as possible.
- Apply automation, monitoring and visualization across the architecture.
- Work hand-in-hand with developers and testers to ensure code deploys and operates to the highest quality standards.
- Analyze problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior team members.
- Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, prepare and give presentations to other team members, management and customers.
- Provide coaching and training to more junior team members of your squad.
- Provide timing/scheduling estimates to team leader and propose corrective actions to time lines when necessary.
- Demonstrate customer centricity by working closely together with the internal customer.
- Organize efficient handover through high quality documentation and training.
- Collaborate with UX designers and other engineers to innovate and implement the components of the design system.
- University degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years of IT development experience.
Professional knowledge and expertise
- Good knowledge in Java development and familiarity with the common frameworks (i.e., SpringBoot & Spring Framework, JPA, MongoDB, Tomcat).
- Good knowledge in database application: RDBMS, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
- Practical knowledge in DevOps with hands-on experience in branching strategies, continuous integration, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
- Designing, developing, and implementing continuous integration pipelines using Cloudbees/Jenkins shared pipeline (Groovy) and container technologies.
- Knowledge in configuration management and deployment automation strategies for containers running in OpenShift and/or Kubernetes platform.
- Knowledge in MSTR, Denodo, Collibra and Oracle is an advantage
- Familiarity on change management and software release lifecycle tools: Confluence, Jira, Git, Jenkins, Service Now, Ansible Tower and Nexus.
- Familiarity on virtualisation and containerization concepts and technologies is a plus (VMWARE/Vsphere, Docker,Openshift and/or Kubernetes).
- Experience in working in projects related to Data and Analytics and/or ETL fields is a plus.
- Practical working experience in an Agile driven team or good familiarity with Agile concepts.
- Team player, ability to collaborate with teams operating in other time-zones (US, Europe and APAC)
- Analytical with very good troubleshooting skills in understanding very complex situations and dependencies.
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication skills.
- Interested to stay up to date with the latest technologies and willing to invest time to understand how things work
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer centric attitude.
- Meticulous, rigorous, disciplined
- Be able to function in stress situations
- Continuous improvement mindset.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Elizalde ESTEBAN - DevOps Engineering Chapter Lead What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.