- Accountable for the delivery of solution within AAL's Data Engineering team, including the implementation of integrated Data Platform (IDP) solutions and operations
- Engage and collaborate with Information Technology and business stakeholders across divisions to understand data related requirements and oversee the implementation of data technology and platforms, to meet identified enterprise and division specific needs.
- Participate in the design and implementation activities of the integrated Data Platform strategy in line with data management and governance controls, and AAL's strategic priorities and regulatory requirements
- Provide technical advice to the Data Engineering team on best practices to drive more effective and efficient use of data platforms
- Identify and analyst emerging trends in data technology to provide input and consultation for upcoming development and enhancement initiatives
- Participate in Technology selection and assessment across the existing and future ecosystems and thus define possible target designs and further experiments
- Identify opportunities to improve existing process and practices around integrated Data Platform deployment and management and oversee the implementation of identified initiatives
- Significant experience in the delivery of large and complex data solutions in complex hierarchical organizations
- Knowledge of event driven workflows, serialization formats, data modelling and architecting for performance
- Demonstrated experience working within Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and other reporting applications.
- Knowledge of industry trends and technological developments in data technology and data platform design including but not limited to artificial intelligence data process automation and big data
- Advance skills in SQL and experience using the following programming language Python, Scala or Java
- Good knowledge of modern data architectures, including cloud native technologies
- Experience using DevOps and DataOps methodologies
- Proven experience in data processing framework such as Apache Spark and data integration tools
- Demonstrated evidence of being self-motivated results orientated and driven to improve business processes
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Nov 10 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.