About the Role
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the financial telecommunications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in 211 countries. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardized financial information securely and reliably. We are one of the key players of the financial industry!
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Compliance Operation Team. The Senior Compliance Specialist is responsible for conducting exposure review on high-risk clients. In this role, you will administer SWIFT's onboarding and on-going due-diligence program and maintain oversight to ensure controls are adequate to properly mitigate risk, to maintain regulatory compliance, and are effective in preventing and detecting illicit financial activity. What to expect:
What you need to be successful:
- Conduct comprehensive due diligence reviews and risk assessments of prospective, new and existing clients onboarded to the company. These risk assessments must be evaluated on a regular basis and updated to reflect the current risk appetite of SWIFT
- Provide subject matter expertise on due diligence documentation requirements and data sources
- Support business in execution of due diligence reporting processes and controls, interpret policies, guidelines and governance programs
- Review and analyse onboarding processes and challenges that require research, investigation, evaluation, and selection of alternatives
- Compile and evaluate report results and escalate when necessary
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead team to meet functional area process deliverables
- Leverage solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, managers, and internal and external customers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Identify opportunities for improvement to processes, procedures, or tools.
- Provide highest quality customer services with all internal and external parties.
- May assist in technical projects by preparing reports/statistics presentations, schedules/ planning.
- Assist Senior Management in tracking trends, reporting and metrics on Platforms to be shared both internally and with our stakeholders
- Stay abreast of relevant regulatory updates and industry best practices
- Maintain a positive working relationship and demeanour with stakeholders
- Assist with any escalated issues that may require additional review related to policies and/or procedure
- Develop, update, and maintain all standard operating procedures related to Compliance
- Work with Legal, Compliance, and senior leadership to ensure appropriate controls are designed and implemented.
- Review and analyse applicable regulations to ensure that SWIFT's policies maintain compliance.
What we offer
- Bachelor's degree (preferably with legal & compliance background).
- Relevant financial crime qualification are desirable , eg, ACAMS, ICA Diploma, CCEP, CRCM.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in Legal/Compliance/KYCDD
- Minimum 5 years of experience in conducting risk assessments, customer due diligence and regulatory analysis.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Banking & Finance / Corporate investigations, business intelligence, or intelligence analysis function, gathering information and documentary evidence, and conducting open-source research, client risk assessment, and making a recommendation on continuance of the business relationship.
- In depth knowledge of AML, CTF, and Sanction Risk
- Good working knowledge of the Financial Crime Regulatory Environment, applicable laws, regulations and guidelines
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and the ability to understand and disseminate complex information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail oriented and the ability to work to tight deadlines using your own initiative and prioritize own workload.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.