Senior Commercial Real Estate Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Corporate Banking provides universal financial services support to large corporate and institutional clients around the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global banking network, Corporate Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large enterprises seeking to maximise their potential, and offers streamlined business access to HSBC's broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Senior Commercial Real Estate Manager. Responsibilities:
- Grow sustainable revenues from the existing customer portfolio and through targeted acquisition of new quality customers.
- Ensure proactive and aggressive relationship building/customer contact plans and pipeline management for both existing and new customers, to deepen penetration for customer wallet.
- Generate quality assets through the use of appropriate risk management tools, priced appropriately for risk and ensure superior returns within customers risk appetite.
- Structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and HSBC interests while remaining within the bounds of prudent banking.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information on HORIS, Client Vision and CARM and other systems as required
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell group product and services as appropriate and ensure this is concluded successfully for the Bank and the customer.
- Develop effective strategies to manage customer relationships, anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to position HSBC as the market leader in this segment.
- Monitor their client portfolio regularly to ensure that the return is commensurate with the risk profile of the client. Take timely and proactive corrective action to mitigate potential losses and maximize profitability.
- Establish an effective working relationship with Risk Management teams, in order to validate the accuracy of the customer risk profile, and ensure sustainable asset growth.
- Maintain a proactive calling programme to service clients, ensuring senior management and key stakeholders for large corporate clients are contacted regularly.
- Help the customer to draw on the HSBC group network by working closely with other CMB countries and product groups (GTRF, PCM and GBM).
- Ensure early identification of problem relationships and take action where there are potential and existing problem accounts to protect HSBC interests.
- Participate in internal and external business events, road shows and seminars as required by the business.
- Lead, inspire and motivate junior colleagues to ensure a seamless relationship management service is delivered.
- Provide active feedback to seniors on process, operations, risks etc., and make recommendation as to how these can be changed to secure the customer and the bank.
- Complete, timely, and in-depth evaluations or reviews of financial and operating risks for all credit facilities, in order to ensure usage is in accordance with approved terms and conditions.
- Ensure credit and operational quality is not compromised in the pursuit of income and minimised operational losses and fraud issues.
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Ensure all sales and prospecting activity documentation is complete to provide performance tracking and targeting future sales efforts.
- Minimum of 6+ years experience in managing complex commercial relationships with international needs
- Robust commercial lending, risk assessment, trade finance experience, in-depth knowledge of deposit products and of the concept of cashflows
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Experience in structuring complex credit deals for clients and close engagement with Global Banking and Markets products
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels
- Good commercial lending, risk assessment, trade finance experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Knowledge of how LC clients operate
- Knowledge of Trade, PCM, GB&M, RBWM, and GPB products and capabilities
- Robust understanding of client planning methodology
- Knowledge of group systems, including CARM, ClientVision, HORIS, Global Links and GRPT
- Knowledge of CMB policies and procedures as per CMB FIM
- Wide personal connections within the group and outside the group (chambers of commerce and other associations
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, accounting or related fields