About the Role
To provide technical/business leadership in the translation of customer requirements into technical specifications for large size/complexity/system risk projects ensuring customers' business problems are solved. To contribute to the divisional strategy by integrating a broad range of ideas regarding systems requirements and business needs.
SWIFT is seeking for an experienced Business Analyst, who excels in translating business needs and requirements into functionalities and specifications, to join our Data & Analytics tribe. You will be working as a member of a dynamic team that is responsible for end-to-end delivery from customer engagement to operations. Your team handling the online portal designed for SWIFT users to submit their attestation data which confirms their organisation's level of compliance with SWIFT's customer security controls defined in the SWIFT Customer Security Controls Framework . It helps to increase community transparency by enabling users to share their self-attestation data with their counter-parties, and to request data from others in order to apply risk-based decision-making concerning their business relationships.
As a driving force of technological change, our Data & Analytics tribe will offer you a unique opportunity to expand your reach in term of knowledge and network, and to build your expertise through SWIFT's global platform. The ideal candidate for this position should strive for delivering true customer value by bridging the gap between the business and implementation teams. What to expect:
What will make you successful:
- Define, analyse and evaluate detailed functional requirements for projects by working in close liaison with customers/stakeholders and other divisions.
- Propose solutions to technical and/or business problems in relation to current and future business environment including study both the business and system impact, create user stories, functional design, and test strategy.
- Prepare operation guides and functional requirement documentation in collaboration with internal, external customers/stakeholders and software development.
- Prepare and conduct presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives.
- Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Design and conduct training sessions on systems solutions.
- Support business users on deployed/post live systems.
- Understand technological trends in own area of responsibility and apply this knowledge to bring solutions to the customers.
- Support product owner in managing the prioritization and backlog maintenance.
- Work in an agile team respecting timing and scheduling estimates, propose corrective actions when necessary.
- Managing relationship with various internal stakeholders.
- University degree in Computer Science, electronic engineering or equivalent. Post-graduate in Marketing / MBA or equivalent is an asset.
- Typically requires 6 - 10 years experience , preferably in similar roles and/or industries.
- An enthusiast self-starter with ability to work autonomously, remotely from some colleagues and in an Agile context.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills, with excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Proactiveness and ability to adapt quickly to changes and new priorities.
- Team player mindset.
- Ability and desire to succeed in a diverse, multi-cultural environment, across varied geographies and teams.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on the most important issues at hand and able to influence others with and without formal authority.
- Proficient in abstract concepts and structured models and ability to apply them in imperfect reality (e.g. UML, use case modelling, user stories writing, data modelling, data normalisation, state transition diagrams, regular expressions, ...).
- Knowledge in Agile methodology and Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Good understanding in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Able to pick up technical specification.
- Experience SQL query, java language, database design.
- Experience migration project.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Bart Claeys - Head of Data & Analytics Products Strategy (Hiring Manager)
- Dolly Lau - Business Analyst (Team Member)
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.