Senior Analyst, FCSU
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 16 Feb 19
Senior Analyst, FCSU
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for.
Business Title: Senior Analyst, Transaction Monitoring
Reports Directly to: Associate Manager / Manager, Transaction Monitoring
Reports indirectly to: Not applicable
Direct Reports: Not applicable
Indirect Reports: Not applicable
Committee appointments: Not applicable
Regulatory relationships: Not applicable
Principles statues/regulations affecting the Bank:
Principal statutes/regulations affecting the Bank: Proceeds of Crime Act, Serious Organised Crime and Police Act, Terrorism Act, Counter Terrorism Act, Money Laundering Regulations 2007, Financial Transaction Reporting Act, JMLSG Guidance Notes, the combined FCA and PRA handbook. SCB's internal policies and procedures on AML and Sanctions
Key Stakeholders: FCC in Country, Regional FCC, Relationship Managers, Sanctions Advisory (Group and Region), Internal Stakeholders
The primary purpose for the Analyst of the Monitoring NCB team within the FCSU is to perform surveillance activities to detect Money Laundering or Terrorist Financing activities by focusing on the initial assessment of risk events as first stage in the AAA (Assess, Analyse, Act) process.
• Assess risk events, created by the Monitoring systems or created manually, to identify unusual customer behavior and escalate such unusual patterns for Analysis. Perform the assessment in accordance with the procedure laid down in the AAA processes and Country Addendum. Processing of pre-cases should be within the turnaround time (TAT) and should adhere to the quality guidelines.
• Share best practices with peers and support in creating a 'FCC Risk Management Culture of Excellence'.
• Ensure Technology / Risk issues identified are reported and escalated to the Manager in a timely manner.
• Ensure regulatory requests received from country relating to AML are promptly attended to.
• Complete all mandatory e-learning modules within stipulated timelines and attend trainings for which nominated
• Uphold the values of the Group at all times
• Assist the Associate Manager / Manager in BCP / DR testing in addition to taking appropriate measure for managing crisis situation.
• Assist the Associate Manager / Manager in Service management of the surveillance service to the countries.
• Specialise in the identification of unusual customer behavior of the Monitoring NCB customer segments being Retail, Private Banking and Corporates.
• Work in Shift according to Business requirement.
• Participate in testing and other activities required for the running of the unit.
• Assist in preparation of various MIS.
• When required by the Business, act as the backup for the Senior Analyst.
• Cooperate and support the management in implementation of any other initiative that may arise during the course of the year.
Proposition - A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good.