Senior Analyst: APAC coal, steel and steel raw materials
Job Description - Senior Research Analyst, APAC Coal, Steel and Steel Raw Materials
The Coal, Metals and Mining team at IHS Markit has an opening in its research team for a Senior Research Analyst covering thermal coal, steel, and steel raw materials in APAC.
This is a mid-level position within the global research team, reporting to the global head of research. The successful candidate will work within the global Coal, Metals & Mining research team, and will also work alongside our industry leading journalists and price reporters. Responsibilities
- Maintain monthly and quarterly deliverables covering thermal coal, metallurgical coal, iron ore, ferrous scrap and steel in the APAC region.
- Maintain supply-demand balance sheets (models showing production, consumption, imports, exports and inventories) for coal, iron ore and steel in the APAC region.
- Periodic research pieces on topical industry issues (eg. regulatory/policy developments, geopolitical issues, investment, project pipeline, ESG etc).
- Maintain strong client and industry relationships - ideally bringing these relationships from prior roles. Continually share and source market intelligence.
- Participate in bespoke consulting engagements.
- Engage actively in business development, assisting IHS Markit account managers in the sales process through maintaining sales pipelines and assisting in the sales process.
- Be a public face of IHS Markit in the APAC coal, steel and steel raw materials space, via client/stakeholder engagements, industry presentations, media interviews, content marketing.
- At least 3 years of experience in APAC coal, steel and/or steel raw materials markets.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, demonstrable impact and influence skills.
- Strong qualitative skills (strong MS Excel is essential, knowledge of Python, SQL, EViews, PowerBI advantageous)
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team (the research team is spread across the globe)
- Bachelor degree (in in a quantitative discipline preferred)
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.