Senior Account Manager, Client Management
Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As part of the world's leading international bank, HSBC Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, broker-dealers, asset management companies, insurance companies, pension and sovereign wealth funds, HSBC Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody and direct custody and clearing services.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Senior Account Manager, Client Management
at HSBC (Malaysia) Trustee Berhad (HKTM). This position reports to the Head of HSBC Securities Services, Malaysia and regionally to the Regional Head of Client Management, ASEAN. Principal Responsibilities
- Coordinate and maintain client retention efforts for all clients in Malaysia that may be at risk in tandem with product management, service delivery and business development executives.
- Negotiate financial terms for existing and repeat business for the assigned client base.
- Ensure that all staff involved in client service management activities within the department have clear annual goals and objectives and that development plans are in place in accordance with internal policies.
- Agree all client operating models to ensure deviations from standard are managed appropriately to mitigate risk.
- Effective relationship management of advisors, board directors and clients to ensure successful deployment of client service management framework.
- To develop deep and mutually respectful relationships with senior representatives of the Service Delivery, Sales and Business Development and Product communities.
- To share and leverage best practice and knowledge across regional Client Management teams.
- Take a leadership role in the Client Management framework across all sectors.
- Maintain and enhance the reputation of HSS for service delivery through effective client service management.
- Ensure the timely completion of new business documentation and appropriate presentation of same at the various committees.
- Ensure each product area is made aware of any operational impact of new business pipeline.
- Ensure professional approach undertaken by team members for all client pitches and client meetings leaving positive impression on all internal and external parties.
- Undertake weekly and monthly internal reporting for allocated client relationships highlighting service trends and efficiency initiatives.
- Implement coherent service management framework for assigned client base and communicate same to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manage due diligence visits from clients and investors.
- Direct responsibility for the client management team in Malaysia.
- Effective management and leadership of staff, including recruitment, training, development, motivation and performance management.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team
- Support internal and external reviews of risks and processes
- Ensure that client due diligence, risk and development issues are fully considered and discussed.
- Complete clean annual audit from client service management perspective. Assist in implementation of a plan on identifying any potential gaps with FIM and auctioning same
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant international and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alias, the Group Compliance policy.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive forward the Client Management proposition
- Experienced in client management and business development with a successful track record (minimum experience of 10 years) of delivery against targets.
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of industry knowledge.
- Proven in delivering leadership programs across the firm with key stakeholders that create sustainable change with positive results.
- Fully proficient in understanding the regulations that drive the securities services arena and in particular that govern client management.
- Sound understanding of controls, risk management (product and market) and mitigation techniques.