Revenue Analyst (Japan & China Market)
We're currently looking for a Revenue Analyst
to join the Global Finance Services Team based in Kuala Lumpur and report directly to Revenue and Controllership Manager and cover the scope for Japan and China market
In this role, you'll have tremendous opportunity to have an influential task on revenue element of the business in Japan and China market and the ability to positively impact the P&L performance. Key Responsibilities
What are we looking for?
- Closely support Japan and China market in managing;
- Monthly financials e.g. month end reporting and closed.
- FP&A reporting requirements e.g. monthly revenue forecasting & MMC
- Annual budget submission and strategic plan
- Financial control and governance include solid knowledge in revenue recognition (IFRS15)
- Partnering with country FD, country FBP, regional FP&A and controller team to support them understand their revenue and direct cost
- Preparation of the monthly reporting and forecasting information packs, working with the business to understand performance, current issues and trends covering P&L and monitoring key KPI's
- Analyse and prepare the revenue milestones, billing schedule and revenue recognition schedule
- Prepare various ad hoc financial analyses as required from time to time to support ongoing business decisions that relates to Revenue
- Promote best practice, and continue with business process improvements and re-engineering to drive efficiency and add value to the business
- Assist with the Mid-Year Forecast, 3-year Strategic Plans and Budgeting processes which occur during the financial year, including providing support during the overall process, and ensuring an efficient and effective planning process
- Ensure MI processes are efficient and meet stakeholders' needs and changing environment
- Operate effectively in a virtual team environment and matrix
The role is high-profile with frequent exposure to senior management (both in Finance and across the wider business). The successful applicant will need be presentable, confident and articulate. Ability to work to tight deadlines is a fundamental requirement.
A core requirement of the role will be able to speak and read Japanese & Mandarin Education and Qualifications:
Experiences & Skills:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with strong university degree qualification. A member of internationally recognised accountancy qualification would be an advantage, i.e. CPA, ACA, CGMA (CIMA) or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a Financial Accounting or FP&A function (5+ years), including dealing with stakeholders in different global locations.
- Strong organisation skills
- Proactive individual, with ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills- ability to think of pragmatic solutions to analytical challenges
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint - with an ability to build complex financial models and graphs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Resilient and durable, able to maintain momentum in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in an effective manner.
- Ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands.
- Customer and output focused
- Process efficiency approach to everything. Making manual processes or reports more automated/macro-driven.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a virtual regional team