Are you an analytical problem solver ? Do you enjoy unravelling the story behind the numbers and developing solutions to frontier problems ?
We're looking for an analyst , within the Refining and Marketing Division to:
- M onitor the Asian downstream oil market, including market trends, competitive environments, strategic and competitive position of major industry players, supply chain structure, and legislative evolution
- Writ e analytical reports and strategic essays on key markets, their trends, and key industry players
- Manage, maintain and enhance proprietary analytical models and associated databases
- Contribute to the delivery of bespoke consulting projects by providing market trend analysis and competitive assessment (Time spent on consulting varies according to experience and need)
You will be working in the Refining and Marketing Team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia . As part of the Asia regional team, responsible for developing the narrative of the Asian downstream oil market . Your expertise Y ou have
- Degree in engineering/business/sciences from an internationally recognized university
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills
- Prior experience in research , consulting , and planning role in the oil and gas industry would be a strong advantage .
- Fluent in English , other Asian languages are desirable.
- Familiarity with database architecture, VBA, and Power BI a plus
- Strong interest in energy industry
- The initiative to improve and innovate existing processes
- In possession of o utstanding reading and writing skills in international business English, good communication skills, and a natural bent for multi-tasking and good organization
- Strong in quantitative and analytical skills with attention to detail and excellent research and problem-solving skills
- C omfortable working with large amounts of data, and analysing outputs
- Able to work independently and as a team with a positive attitude
- Opportunity to work with colleagues across the global from various cultural backgrounds and areas of expertise
- At the forefront of the industry, with the opportunity to advise key players and legislators towards the development of the energy industry
We are happy to consider requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of working from home are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking. Your colleagues About us
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence. Join us
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.