Public Sector Solutions Architect - Malaysia
Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of networking, virtualization, operating systems, application architectures, web applications, LOB apps, databases, and the new scale-out style of applications designed for the cloud? Do you have a passion for helping government agencies to implement innovative IT solutions? Do you have a knack for helping customers to build a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch cloud computing projects on trajectories to success? Are you knowledgeable about security best practices for applications, servers, and networks?
Amazon is looking for its Amazon Web Services (AWS) business highly skilled and motivated Solution Architect to help accelerate its growing public business in Malaysia. You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cut-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility problems facing public sector organizations. The business development and accounting management teams will help accelerate the adoption of AWS as the leading cloud technology platform in the public sector.
As a Public Sector Solution Architect within the AWS business, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS's utility computing services (such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Elastic MapReduce, and Amazon CloudFront) within public sector organizations and the larger ecosystem that supports them.
Your broad responsibilities will include: supporting the technical engagement, removing the technical accounts management blockers, help define implementation and transition architectures, help responding to RFIs and RFPs, and achieving ultimate success around specific technical projects. To achieve those goals-and building on your broad background and technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, storage, and application architecture -you will develop expertise in all AWS technologies, and deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS cloud computing platform.
The ideal candidate will ...
Be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge. Building the future is inspiring and fun, but it's not easy. You will be challenged to meet high standards, deliver constant improvement in everything you do, and embrace the high degree of change and uncertainty that comes with inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible.
Enjoy working with public sector customers and partners. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world's largest and most important organizations.
Have a strong understanding of government mandates, security, standards, and compliance for designing large scale cloud computing solutions. The ideal candidate has a variety of experiences working as an architect and systems or software or network engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, to the point that you can not only contribute to but help lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, learn the deep details of systems, possibly write some code, and generally do what it takes to achieve technical success for customers on the AWS platform.
• Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure agency and institution success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
• Assist solution providers and government agencies with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community, as well as your public sector SA team.
• Understand the AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
• Understand and exploit the use of internal business support systems.
The right individual will have:
• Executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Technical skills - Web services development/deployment experience, IT systems and network engineering experience, security and compliance experience, etc.
• Operational experience - Website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
• Economic and business acumen - RFP/Acquisition support; market analysis; cost benefit analysis, etc.
• Government experience - Advisory/consulting experience with national and local governments. Able to communicate in the local language and understand local customs. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the technical support "face" of Amazon within a solution providers' ecosystem/environment as well as directly to end customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel within an agency, as well as the technical background that enables him or her to easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects in public sector markets. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Highly technical and analytical, possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience, including some experience with government customers.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
• Understanding of application, server, and network security and government certifications is highly desired. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Technical degree in computer science, software engineering, or math highly desired; working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps is highly desired.
• AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate