Programme Director - Cocoon
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Strategy and Planning helps inform strategic decision-making and acts as a catalyst and driver for strategic change. The team constructively challenges the business with critical thinking and innovative insight to improve the way we do business.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Programme Director - Cocoon Principal Accountabilities
- Ensure effective delivery of all Cocoon deliverables
- Proactively working with stakeholders across businesses and functions to ensure Cocoon deliverables are effectively managed, risks and issues are resolved
- Production and also the presentation of timely management information with regards to progress of Cocoon and other reporting requirements to Cocoon to key stakeholders including to working groups and the program Steering Committee
- Working with stakeholders to ensure the spirit of VBI is practiced across businesses and functions
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to execute Cocoon workstreams
- Advocacy of Cocoon Championing Cocoon as a strategic transformation program and be a role model for change
- Internal stakeholders include CEO of HBMS, associate of VBI, HBMS, HBMS EXCO, and HBMS Senior management team, Cocoon workstream working group
- External stakeholders: Local regulators including Bank Negara Malaysia
- Promote a customer-centric culture, championing Cocoon activities and encouraging outstanding customer advocacy
- Coordination with HBMS teams in Malaysia on a daily basis, for change and transformation of HBMS through Cocoon
- Ensuring implementation of Cocoon activities in HBMS by proactively supporting strategies implemented for purpose of Cocoon by businesses and functions
- Proactive approach at tackling challenging situations and positively resolving conflicts
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial market
- Lead the transformation of HBMS through Cocoon taking into account adherence to group policies
- Direct members of the Cocoon workstream teams on the execution and deliverables, and assist by working with Global Business, Global Function and HOST stakeholders to resolve issues
- Exhibit team leadership and manage direct reports, including effective management, talent management, and succession planning (where applicable) to ensure delivery of Cocoon objectives
- Ensure effective mobilization, resourcing, governance and delivery of execution strategy and implementation plans.
- Foster collaboration with all stakeholders by ensuring adoption of a joint approach with HSBC teams in country to achieve Cocoon targeted outcomes
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on matters affecting strategy and process of Cocoon implementation within the framework of HBMS VBI adoption
- Govern risk responsibly insofar as this relates to Cocoon - development of effective risk and issues tracker(s) for use by Cocoon stakeholders
- Promote ethical management of risk across the team
- Communicate changes in policy and governance effectively, reinforcing risk processes within the team
- Manage department finance
- Accurately interpret strategic financial information, makes insightful decisions in financial planning and program performance monitoring
- Identify and highlight financial implication of risks/issues, involve stakeholders and manages budget variation as appropriate
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline, preferably in business related field.
The candidate should have > 7 years in project management, with general exposure to business and operations
- The experience needs to involve the candidate having managed a team structure covering between 5-10 members.
- Candidate is a team player and also a natural leader who has an apt and comfort in leading a team with a variety of skill sets.
- Project management experience.
- Strong management and governance skills covering relevant structure and operations requirement for project execution.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Proven and progressive management experience.
- Excellent understanding of required factors affecting enterprise organisational behaviour changes
- Preference for candidates with past business management experience
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Malaysia are required.