About the Role
SWIFT is seeking for a Procurement Specialist to be part of the Procurement Team. The talent will be working in line with the policies/procedures, the Procurement specialist role aims to deliver, improve, and communicate procurement services (small to medium complexity level) within agreed service levels to respond to customers' requirements. What to expect:
What will make you successful? 1) Takes Accountability for Delivering Results
- Perform procurement activities in an accurate and timely manner: prepare and define requests for quotation/proposal, negotiate with vendors, issue purchase orders, manage contracts.
- Investigate and resolve delivery and/or invoicing problems; escalate whenever needed.
- Ensure delivery of goods/services, inform internal customers on progress and achievements.
- Whenever needed (escalations related to purchase request or other), guide/advise internal customers, until resolution.
- Contribute to organization's projects. May as well own & manage small projects.
- Develop & maintain internal customers relationship to keep sound understanding of their needs, expenditure, opportunities for consolidation and other relevant information.
- Apply procurement knowledge within specific area/market for relevant products/services. Whenever needed, get guidance from more senior procurement specialists.
- Daily vendor management.
- Prepare standard reports/presentations and statistical analyses on relevant products/services, identify opportunities (in terms of vendor base consolidation, reduction of expenditure, best value deliverable to the Company).
- Increase knowledge and experience of purchasing techniques and of vendors/products/services.
2) Demonstrates Operational Excellence
- Makes choices and decisions based on established practices and precedents.
- Delivers results by overcoming a range of obstacles, sometimes within critical timing.
3) Expands knowledge
- Delivers work according to agreed specifications, within appropriate time and at the right quality levels
- Seeks to improve ways of working
- Sets and meets high standards for own work
- D emonstrates commitment to security policy
4) Business Understanding and Commercial Sense
- Expands own specialist knowledge and skills by taking ownership of own development
- Encourages colleagues to bring forward and share new ideas and alternative solutions Demonstrates openness to utilise new approaches
5) Builds and reinforces customers relationships
- Applies understanding of how own division adds value to the business
- Uses knowledge of financial and business principles to deliver cost-effective solutions
- Adapts quickly to changes in the market, the industry and the organisation while upholding standards
6) Leads with a team focus
- Fosters effective relationships by listening actively and taking steps to identify and meet customer needs
- Demonstrates customer focus and friendliness in all activities and actions.
7) Communicates effectively
- Initiates effective co-operation and team collaboration
- Provides support to new team members
- Value style and background differences
- Demonstrates commitment to SWIFT values.
- Communicates effectively across a range of practical and operational issues
- Adjusts personal communication style to fit intended audience
- Listens to and respects other people's points of view.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review
LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Penny Chong Procurement Operations, Manager, at SWIFT
Natasya Rosli Talent Acquisition Specialist APAC (Recruitment Partner to this role) What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.