About the Role
SWIFT is seeking for a Procurement Specialist to be part of the Procurement Team. The talent will be working in line with the policies/procedures and under instructions/controls of a more senior procurement specialist, to provide/improve and communicate procurement activities/services with small to medium levels of complexity within agreed service levels and shortest delays so as to satisfy customers requirements What to expect:
What will make you successful?
- Perform procurement activities in an accurate and timely manner, such as preparing and defining requests for quotation/proposal, negotiating with vendors, issuing purchase orders, proposing contracts
- Investigate and resolve delivery and/or invoicing problems within his area and to escalate where needed.
- Ensure delivery of goods/services, inform customers on progress and achievements and advise them on escalated problems/ issues to a purchase request.
- Participate in projects within own area by executing parts of projects. May at some point manage small projects.
- Maintain and develop internal customers contacts to keep sound understanding of their needs and communicate to them the approved spending level and other relevant information.
- Apply procurement knowledge within specific area/market of products/services and receive guidance from more senior procurement specialists.
- Deal with vendors on a daily basis.
- Prepare standard reports/presentations and statistical analyses
- Increase knowledge and experience of purchasing techniques and of vendors/products/services.
- Takes Account for Delivering Results
- At least 2 year of experience in procurement or related area (with customer interaction and exposure).
- Makes choices and decisions based on established practices and precedents; delivers results by overcoming a range of obstacles and issues and where timing may be critical.
- Delivers work to agreed specifications of timeliness and quality; seeks to improve ways of doing things; sets and meets high standards for own work; demonstrates commitment to security policy
- Expands own specialist knowledge and skills by taking ownership of own development; encourages colleagues to bring forward and share new ideas and alternative solutions; demonstrates openness to utilise new approaches.
- Applies understanding of how own division adds value to the business; uses knowledge of financial and business principles to deliver cost-effective solutions; adapts quickly to changes in the market, the industry and the organisation while upholding standards.
- Fosters effective relationships by listening actively and taking steps to identify and meet customer needs; demonstrates customer focus and friendliness in all activities and actions.
- Initiates effective co-operation and team working with others; provides support to new team members; appreciates style and background differences; demonstrates commitment to SWIFT values.
- Communicates effectively across a range of practical and operational issues; adjusts personal communication style to fit intended audience; listens to and respects other people's points of view.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.